Sunday 3 April 2011

Magical Colleagues

I'm DONE! 

No no, many more papers to go, but just let me be happy for now k. That was only one day down. I haven't factor in the other papers coming up, plus the CIFA, and then the Trade Finance course, plus the License I have to take under the Securities Commission regulation. Belum tambah lagi the possibility of....eh macam macam betul.

Anyway, past 3 days have been so hectic. I was on study leave, but at the same time I was also called into work at times. So my brain was in and out of the work and exam framework, I had to master the art of switching and selecting the different parts of my brain to work on my exams and another part on work.

So the total damage in 3 days: I've gained weight (due to the happy exam food, or if I do say so myself). I've gone 'subconsciously' fairer (due to the amount of Soya milk I gulped down). I've accumulated a mountain load of stress (but my blood pressure read 'low'. Psycho machine). I got probably 15 hours of sleep in 3 days (due to a nervous system in my body) and...I've been nothing but a walking zombie! I look like one too :S

I MISS WORK! = (

But you know what is magic? When someone can appear in front of me when I needed motivation and crazy amount of encouragement the most and they can make me feel so very happy. They're my colleagues. and no, I'm not kidding.

3 days of being on leave literally killed me. Working from home doesn't count, coz you are not surrounded by your colleagues. Amazingly, they called ever so often to check up how I was doing, and I'm serious when I say that even a short 2 minutes call is enough to brighten up my day :)

Then come exam day, we made sure that we will walk into that exam hall feeling very happy no matter what. So we all woke up early and decided to brainstorm over McDonald's breakfast and it was really sweet that we all shared our meals (properly divided burgers into 2 parts) and coffee since no one was too hungry. It was just the company that we wanted. Mission accomplished! We were singing to Katy Perry Firework on our way to the hall filled with so much happiness! :) May I add that we spent post exam times together too eventhough I was really a walking zombie.

P/s: Rahman attracted more attention (than our singing) amongst our other competitor bankers though because he was wearing pyjamas pants to an exam! haha :P

and then,


Them. My ultimate favourite, my own TCB 13 loves

Truth be told, I'll never in a million years trade to be in any other batch than this. My timing was just perfect when I joined the company. We've become like a family, and I've become so very very close to them. They'd come to my rescue anytime, any day! and I've experienced this first hand! They don't even allow me to drive when they're around. Or they'll check up to see if I'm staying late at work and whether I've eaten. They get me medication when I'm sick, and they cover for me when I am away. They are ever so encouraging in all that I do (be it work or not. Whether they approve of it or not) and at the same time so overprotective to make sure no one takes me for granted, ever. Gosh, I am so manja with them. But only because they manja-kan me too! 
=)

It has now touched just a little less than a year and a half since I first made friends with them. Since my first day in the office with them. And now, we've all experienced our very own - first ever bonus payout and everyone has settled in quite comfortably at our respective departments. I've never been more proud of each and everyone of my kakak and abang! 
=)

That was us at Busaba just after our very first bonus (we now understand the happiness that comes with "the letter" that companies issue out). Complete attendance! Everyone actually made sure they made it to the reunion no matter how late. It was a perfect night (amidst the fact that Azy and I were stressed up about CCP and the others about PKMC exams)

2 comments:

horace said...

CFA or CIFA?

Alia Ishak said...

CIFA - an Islamic professionals equivalent to CFA. Certified Islamic Financial Analyst :)