Friday 25 March 2011

Satu Malaysia

I got SO VERY stuck to this song this whole entire week, and I've not stopped playing it on repeat in the office.

I have also sang it out loud without realizing it (sometimes), many many times at work - whether on my way to the meeting room, rest room, meeting with my boss or random times. My colleagues think I'm a weird species!


But really, it's weird that the lyrics mean a lot to me and it motivates me! Definitely makes me proud to be a Malaysian. It has always been my favourite part when I was younger, that whenever I win in a competition, I will stand up straight and sing the Negaraku as they hoist the Jalur Gemilang. Sometimes, I'd tear a lil. Once, I even cried after Malaysia Open in Bukit Jalil. My final competition and Malaysia won. Too proud of the team. Sweet memories.

Now, everytime we go over to Istana Budaya for a show - I just love it when we are made to sing the Negaraku before any shows begin.

I'm a proud Malaysian.

2 comments:

Farah said...

Hehe! A lot of patriotic songs make me feel motivated as well!! :))

Alia Ishak said...

It does doesn't it! :) *high 5*Makes me happy too and I'll end up feeling so motivated to work.