Wednesday 23 March 2011

To appreciate

It's true that people will greatly appreciate something only after you lose it (or close to losing it).

Otherwise, it's fine to not be too bothered or in other words take it for granted - because it's there. Or at least that's the typical play I see.

I always come up with many things that make me happy. Even the simplest things from music class to watching the beautiful and brightly lit KL City. Spending lunch time with my work favourites or even being with a great company is enough to make me feel blessed and thankful. I realised that the more thankful you are, the more good things will come your way. The happier you are, the more productive and motivated you will be.

Recently, I was talking to one of my colleagues who was so stressed up about work and I realized that it means nothing to be so angry and stressed up about some things. Purely because they're sometimes not worth your time being stressed about and it doesn't mean that if you are angry, things get done faster. It's only unhealthy for you. and you might just hurt people along the way (if you decide to be nasty to whoever you're angry with).

These days, people get so very caught up with work that when one (smallest and simplest) thing goes wrong at work, it seems like the whole world will come to calamity. Or on a different occasion, anything that happens outside the parameters they were stressed about, nothing else really matters as much. From their close ones to their prayers. I've clearly witnessed them.

On a different note, some people can either be the most insensitive person or the the most selfish one in this world. And this happens when they want something (to usually go their way and immediately). I don't quite understand why they allow themselves to chase victory in the most unhealthy manner. You may get that job, that position, but along the way you lose people's trust.

To me, a good attitude and appropriate code of conduct are more crucial than the string of A's. Hence why the saying goes "Be nice to everyone, whether on your way up or otherwise - for you might need/meet them when you are on your way down (too)". When things are nice and pretty, we humans, tend forget the more important things in life.

Hence why, my favourite part of the day is when I am able to transfer some of my happiness to others. To be able to make other people smile doesn't require much. Just smile on your way to work, those vibes will surely get transferred like a money multiplier in the economy. The more you give the more you get  :)

4 comments:

Kim L said...

Oh trust me honey, your happiness vibe is contagious. :)

Don't be sad k? stay happy! :)

Alia Ishak said...

I'm always happy :) :)

I was just writing this based on my observation of the people around me whom I met past few weeks, that is all :)

SS. said...

you say it sistah! :D

aisyah ajib said...

our minds seem to be in sync!