Saturday 19 March 2011

A True Malaysian



Owns a British passport. Can't speak malay. Only understands English and speaks with the strongest Irish accent! 

That all, describe my little princesses. 

BUT

.

.

.

A few months since they've come home to Malaysia for good, they can can now speak Malay. Understand Malay. Write in Malay. and... so intelligently speak fluent Mandarin too (read: in 3 months)!!! 

Oh my god. Which parents won't be proud? I was one proud aunty when Reana, mind you, she's only 3 years old, came up to me and asked, 

"Aunty Aya. Can I sing for you?"
"Of course"

*sings a full length song in Mandarin*

I was so proud of her that I immediately gave her the praises she deserved and the biggest hug ever! I was very very proud.
Lil niece and lil nephew
If anything, I've always looked up to my cousins. They have done so well as students. And then they moved on to build a very beautiful and loving family. and now they are back in Malaysia serving their bonds and the patients as a Doctor. Both of them.

I have so much respect for them coz they are such champions when it comes to prioritizing. They have got to be the most fun parents ever! I've lived with them whilst I was studying in the UK and I've always admired how well they have brought up their kids. And the way they communicate with the children, it's full of love and discipline - if you get what I mean. They can speak like an adult to the lil nieces and they treat the lil ones with so much respect. They also believe in giving only the best and the happiest things to the children. There has never been a single year when it passes by without the happiest birthday celebration every time they turn a year older!

Sophie turns 8
And then, look at this! They are indeed a true Malaysian at heart. Even I don't eat durian! But my nieces and even their cat? They eat them Durian clean.



 Next time I have kids, I'm gonna make sure they're the happiest kids alive! :)

Reana and I in France. I miss those travelling days in the UK!

... and then I have my colleagues who made a not-so-funny joke. "I'm sure when you have a kid next time, first thing you'll dress them in is this!"


Quite cute la. But hmm...I'm not la not-fun like that ok. Pfft.

No comments: