Monday 11 April 2011

Meow

“I don’t know why, but I’m feeling so very happy. I have butterflies in my stomach, but I still don’t know why, and it’s annoying me that my systems are so on cloud 9. I think I need to attend a happiness-management course la”
*SIGH*

I actually said that to my boss O.o

Today was definitely a very weird day. I don’t even know how to explain it.

I came to work and I felt so calm and contented (read: Extremely). So weird. I was feeling super happy and thankful all of a sudden, but it was nothing of the adrenaline-rush kind though. It was just calm but at the same time it’s like a Disneyland was growing in my system up to the point where I did not feel hungry, coz I had butterflies in my stomach. Hmmm… Sometimes, you know like how in the movies, that moment when someone achieves victory and the music in the background would be one of those very inspiring ones (minus one) and everything will be played on slow motion? Don’t you feel motivated? I don’t know la how to explain -__- But yeah, I thought it was weird so I also went up to my colleagues and said “I don’t know why I’m so happy. Help?” (with a sad and worried face ok! Haha!).

They were taken aback by my question and my bizarre explanation up there, but they were quick to assure me that it’s not weird to them coz they’ve seen this happening loads of time; when they witness me from afar and I would smile at the computer/documents by myself and everything just seem so pretty and happy (and of course I don’t hear them calling me when these moments take place. Whoopsie!). Now, when did that happen?! I’m being watched in the office, jeez, stalkers alert!

I was feeling so very grateful about everything first thing in the morning when I woke up. So much so that I found myself smiling so wide when I got out of bed, all eager to get to work. I knew I had a lot of work waiting for me, but I was excited at the same time to dive into it. Times like these make me count my blessings, coz there’s so many things to be happy about and days seem shorter too! Next thing I know, it’s 9pm already…and I did not feel tired at all! Knowing that it’ll be a few more hours at work, we all decided to treat ourselves to a good dinner with all our favourites afterwards (you’re here in spirits Saiful!). An excellent team definitely makes up for everything.

.

.

.


However, secretly, I think it must’ve been all these awesome yellow snacks working its magic though. My happy stash at work :) 


...and then, I came home to this fat kitty that was nicely placed on my bed. Mama is the best in the world!! I love days when she surprises me with lil happy things :)


My favourite Patchi chocolates

Exactly 8 people made me happy today! :) From my colleagues to my family and my best friends. They’re so awesome! *award winning smile*

6 comments:

PHOBELINA said...

Share with bro? HAHAHA did you really share? :o)

Alia Ishak said...

Bro who? ;)

Kim L said...

alolo! ur mama is so cute!!!!

and Alia baby u dont need happy management class, spread ur happiness! come to melbourne!! :)

Alia Ishak said...

Wish for it harder NOW! It might just happen if you pray for it to happen everyday :)

P/s: You can send me some love through tiny teddies (honey flavoured ones) when Shura comes home next week ;) and...my baju dah siap for Shu's engagement!!

Kim L said...

sure thing love! expect tiny teddies in less than a week's time! :)

awhh i wanna make baju for her engagement tooo !:(

aisyah ajib said...

Haha your mama is so cute ! Sharing is caring Alia, please send some to England for pho and I ?? Hehe big hug xxx