Thursday 7 April 2011

Too Easy?

Paid to be happy

Seriously. 

Sometimes I wonder if it is unfair that I get rewarded for being happy. Literally paid just to be happy

The past few weeks it has been nothing but happy times (if I discount the exam period of course, since I was to stress to even notice what was happening around me. Or so my family members said!)

  • I am always happy at work, it's beyond crazy I tell you. It's mental! 
  • Then, I get called to do photoshoots and I always end up making new friends and having the best time!
  • Afterwards, I get to do what I wish for at work. Yes, wish, not ordered to. "I secretly wished that I had an opportunity to work in that project" and BOOM. It falls onto my lap, and I will be stressfully-happy working through day and night on it!
  • Finally, I get to do what I love, and get rewarded for it. Work, Broadway, Photoshoot, Work, Sports training for the Bank, etc.

I happily go to work. I get paid salary. 
I happily sing my heart out, I get rewarded.
I happily have fun at photoshoots, I get paid.
I happily train for the company for Futsal and Athletics, I get allowance. And sport shoes. And shirts.

Too easy isn't it? But then again at the end of the day, I believe that only we ourselves, can make something that happens a happy or a sad one :) I'm sure stress at work for someone else is not a happy thing, but it is a very happy one for me! Weekend's coming soon! and I have a million and one things to clear before Saturday. Oh God help me. I'm already a walking zombie.

...but I'm too inspired after Natasha's session at YCM's CEO Series tonight, and I'm too motivated about work. Now I cannot sleep! Oh dear me. I might as well continue doing work

2 comments:

RS said...

'I believe that only we ourselves, can make something that happens a happy or a sad one'

oh so true! mind over matter. but sometimes, easier said than done, no? =/

Alia Ishak said...

RS: Definitely easier said than done. But once you start doing it, it's pretty contagious actually. The next thing you do you'll feel happy! So will the other next thing that you and the domino effect continues :) Good luck preparing for exams dear! :):) *transfers my surplus happiness to you*
x