Monday 25 April 2011

No Pain No Gain

3 weekends ago was tryouts for the Bank's futsal team, in preparation for the Malaysian Investment Banking Association (MIBA) games 2011. 2010 was a year when I had joined most of the sports for the Bank and I have never been any happier to be able to grab that opportunity to represent the Bank. It feels very good to be honest, to be able to contribute back through something that you love doing! Last year was Futsal, Athletics, Bowling and Badminton for me.

Truth be told, work has been taking a lot of my time, hence I've not been visiting the gym the past few months. But I also know that I have an amazing team at work who would drop anything to encourage me to go for it, so I was ready! A one week crash training!
  • Tamimi made it a point to spend everyday accompanying me at the gym.
  • Faris made sure I warmed up, cooled down properly, and came to the rescue on that Wednesday when I couldn't walk due to my hamstring pull. He's one amazing team manager, has always been and will always be. I came down for training and he had all these prepared.
  • Jolyn and Ireen checked up on me everyday to see how I was doing (after my pull) and constantly reminded me to make sure I had enough rest and ate proper food. Such awesome big sisters I have at work.
  • Raja scheduled futsal friendly matches on Thursday and I had my usual Tuesday night futsal with my KTJ + London seniors, just so that I could get the hang of the game.
With my London loves

and I...definitely exhausted myself. Deep down, I really wanted the spot in the team. But I know that there are a lot of potentials out there that I had to compete with and so I wasn't putting my hopes up too high. Plus, I was super duper (duper trooper I tell you) demotivated when I got my hamstring pull, I could cry! I was told that I cannot play if it doesn't heal! :(

To add icing to the cake, I successfully woke up late on the tryouts day *sigh* (good thing Ireen checked up on me!!), panicked, showered, grabbed my bag and rushed straight to the office! Got to the office, and Faris was already waiting, and I of course quite immediately crashed in the car. Good thing he drove! I FORGOT TO EAT BREAKFAST! Pfft...

Empty stomach and close to 3 hours of futsal killed me. I was hit with a major headache afterwards, all the way till 11 PM the same day. Crazy thumps in my head just loved me too much. I've never had anything so weird like that before, but maybe because I had so many things to do as well. But anyway, 

I MADE IT INTO THE TEAM!  :):):)



So, I guess the migraine was well worth it? Coz I'm one very happy girl - being given the opportunity to again represent the Bank! Let's go CIMB! :):):) 

6 comments:

PHOBELINA said...

:) :) :)

eye*da said...

Hi Alia!~ Read your blog through Vivy's blog:)

Congratulation for representing CIMB! It ain't easy. I know:)

Am love playing futsal too!~ Am smiling from ear to ear if my team won. Although it's just a friendly match:)

Alia Ishak said...

Phobelina: :):):)

eye*da: Thank you sweetie! You know what? You should come join me and my team play on Tuesdays/Thursdays! Come! :)

eye*da said...

Hey Alia!~ You're such an adorable ok!

Thanks for the invite. Where do you do your futsal training?

Alia Ishak said...

We play at Segambut courts! Let me know if you wanna come ok :) You can always come to my office first and then we can go together :):) Email me your number k.

eye*da said...

Wow! Segambut? That's kinda far from Putrajaya. Hehehe (*_*) Thanks a lot dear for the invite. I'll email my number to you later ok!~