Friday 29 April 2011

Shura's off the market


Lil miss best friend is engaged!
(we were 17 back then!)

She flew back from Melbourne just for what-Zamir-calls-it: “Tunang Time! =)

Oh so gorgeous my lil miss best friend!

I was so very happy for her for finding the most perfect person like Zamir for I know Zam would take care of her like a queen. How do I know? Coz he treats ME like that too when I go over to Melbourne (the privileges of a best friend), what more the girl he’s gonna marry! The perfect guy for the perfect girl =) I’ve only known Zam for as long as Shura has been with him (Duh!) and I cannot be any happier than I already am! They’re just perfect together. It’s still fresh in my mind the first day they got together and we were all skyping just so that they could tell me the happy news =)


Just 6 days in Malaysia and that was the start of my leave from work too. I mean come on, your best friend is getting engaged. You’d definitely drop everything for her, no? Well according to best friend set 2, (vivy&ajjie) : NO! We shall see when Vy gets up that pelamin ok? Anyway, these 6 days were filled with crazy hectic schedules to ensure that the engagement was perfect.  From running around to do her nails, her spa session, getting her engagement shoes (a few hours before the engagement ok! Both of us were panicking to find the right one!), staying up to watch the set up for the tent and just a lot of sleepovers and spending family time. Yes, when shura’s home, aunty and uncle said my name is Alia Shukor. I feel so very loved =)

At ShuZam's Engagement Party

On the real day, I was her personal assistant (Alia, I want brownies! Alia, I want water! I want this! Zip me up! My God, so bossy) cum babysitter to her niece and nephews cum her dulang girl. When night time came, I was as tired as the tunang herself ok. I crashed even before her! Lucky thing I had enough energy to attend her engagement party the night after. Things we do for best friends. I cannot even begin to list down all the things that Shu and Zamir have done for me =)

Can’t wait for the wedding day already! The parents from both sides have warned me to start applying for leave now, coz apparently they foresee me moving from one function to another with them already. Oh God, I wonder what my duty would be. A 3 in 1 perhaps? Dulang girl-bridesmaid-maid.

P/s: If you think she looks gorgeous in the pictures, wait till the real wedding day. All her baju are just OMG-SO-LAWA!


Now I miss those good ol' Melbourne days with the both of them!
I Love You Shushu and Zam!

7 comments:

PHOBELINA said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait for our reunion this November!!!!!!!!!!!

RS said...

the top pic looks as if it's in KTJ!

RS said...

ok finally read the whole thing.

=')

how sweet. these things make me tear a little. I only put a tough front, but inside of me is just dough.

Alia Ishak said...

Phoebe: I can't wait too! You know the drill, one hotel to another.

RS: It IS KTJ! :):) At the hallway. Aww, you'll get through this when your own lil miss best friend gets engaged too :)

Kim L said...

sucha lovely post Alia! :)

Cant for November to come!! More sleepovers!! :) woohoo!

Alia Ishak said...

Neither can I. Looks like our sleepovers now would mean Zam would have to sleep on the floor!

Nur said...

I'm one of your loyal reader. :) just wanna ask,I think her engagement dress was simple but yet really stunning! which designer Alia? Share with us!