Sunday 1 May 2011

The Week I Functioned as Three

After an awesome fruitful working weekend down below with my Singapore team and our clients 2 weeks ago, I came back up to KL in time for a very busy week! Not to mention tiring too. But definitely the happiest one! 

Marina Bay Sands - Simply Gorgeous!
You HAVE to get up there, so serene :)

Started of with a 2-days Trade Finance course which I thought was very useful as I had never had a proper introduction to this transaction. Truth be told, I gained so much for being the 'most junior' employee amongst the Directors and Managers who attended from other Banks, in all seriousness because the rest were not too comfortable with asking 'silly questions' which I obviously went on with. I was the sole representative for mine and I became so interested that the past week I agreed to take on a Trade Finance deal when I got back to work! See why I love my work place? I get the opportunity!
=)

Immediately after that, we managed to host the biggest YCM CEO Series on Tuesday night, thanks to Mr Sajith, country head of Google Malaysia. An impressive session, I thought it was very fact-filling! To whoever who wanted free consulting/advisory services, that was definitely a session to join. So many tips to make the most out of google!! I also witnessed some people who were very eager to get home and beautify their CV/ Resume! Haha! Mr Sajith even mentioned someone's name *ahem* thrice and got her thinking if she should start exploring! Too funny. A very humble man, very intelligent, so approachable and very driven to bring only the best into Malaysia. I know I had fun at the session.
=)


At supper, Mr Sajith decided to google none other than...."Alia Ishak"

Soon after, this followed and I could not be any happier that everything is soon-to-be materialized! Finally, I can only beam from ear to ear watching things fall into place one by one. The rest of the 3-days, I was on leave for Dreamgirls workshop. The new friends I made, the excellent performers I met, and the experience I got, training with some of the best local talents we have. Oh the happiness!
Have you guys got your tickets yet? It's on sale at www.airasiaredtix.com now! :) 

Amazing souls on planet earth. My Broadway loves who never ever ever fail to inject continuous happiness into my system. Btw, my awesome vocal teachers are the power-vocal-couple, Dom and Eunice (standing 2nd and 4th) ! I'm proud they're my teachers :)

and just when the end of the week came, suddenly...going fairer, gaining weight, accumulating mountain load of stress from only 15 hours of sleep and going haywire for this became oh-so-worth-it last weeek....after my boss sent an email that said "Congrats!". I PASSED! 
*dances the Broadway dance*

Aih, sometimes when you wish hard enough for things to be perfect, it does come true! And truly, for that week, as I function my usual role as an Investment Banker, a Broadway performer and a YCM Convener all at once, everything was just PERFECT =)

No comments: