Thursday 14 April 2011

Zombied

Lately, my mind has been swamped with just work.sleep.sports.work.sleep.sports. So much for wanting a work life balance! I didn’t even make it to ANY of my music classes this week
*cries blood*
haha… ok, drama je tu

I run on auto-pilot these days. My systems know where to go without me having to direct it. My hands know what to reach out for without my brain having to translate it. I drive home and I don’t even remember the journey back home. Workload has definitely picked up at the speed of lightning and because of that I’ve become so absent minded lately!

  • I forget to lock my car and will only realize it when it’s time to go home. Dangerous I know.
  • I forget that I tend to leave my phones all over my work table coz I cannot be bothered to carry them around.
    (Yes, my shortcoming is, trusting everyone in this world. My boss has warned me to be aware of my surroundings coz it’s not all sunshine, butterflies and rainbows out there! Hmmph)
  • My nerves forget to coordinate well. I kept dropping my phone this whole week and it’s annoying me. If you know me, I’ll get so upset if gadgets fall that I’ll be quiet for a longggg while till I’m able to digest that “It’s ok to drop your phone sometimes”
  • I forget (read: too tired) to get changed and will fall asleep in work clothes. Sometimes, I’m so tempted to just go to work straight after I wake up! :D
  • I forget to eat (this week, not until either Firdaus/ Tock checks up on me only then I’ll remember) and I’ll end up running on Nestum coz I can’t be bothered to go look for food afterwards.
  • I confidently applied soap on my hair this morning instead of shampoo. Grrr…I was wondering why I smelt like soap only!

However, something I really respect about my colleagues since day one, is that no matter how stress or sick they are, they never fail to put on a smile and they never ever raise their voice. You know how when you’re tired sometimes and you just can’t control your moods? Does not happen where I work J Plus the fact that a few has fallen sick this week, they’re amazingly still happy and driven!

And I have this problem of missing them (in the office) when I have to travel for work. I’m so difficult to let go like that. Oh well, for now, I’m gonna need my system to buck up for a meeting in Singapore tomorrow till the weekend. It’s gonna be a very hectic trip down and I need to be back in KL in time for my Trade Finance course at 8am on Monday! Mamma mia! I hope I won’t forget (or sleep through) to catch that flight in a few hours.

I surely can fall asleep right about now. ANYTIME. ANYWHERE. I’m not even kidding. See you guys in Singapore!  (OMG, I haven’t changed my money to Singapore dollars!)

Time to do a three-days catch up first with lil miss best friend since I'm gonna be away for three days :) 

Look who was already on Skype waiting for me to come home from work today! :)
Shura getting all excited!

And this girl who accompanied me throughout when I did work :)
Her classic line was
"Hey, do work la! Look at stock market on Saturday!"
LOL
The day I introduced lil Doctor to the stock market

And a surprise that arrived from London today, nicely placed on my bed!!! :):) It's from Aisyah! 
Thank you Syah!!

Gosh, from a hectic, crazy week, oh-so-much-to-handle to a perfect day! It's an amazing feeling to have the most perfect 'extended siblings'! Them three never ever fail to make me happy :)
I LOVE

3 comments:

PHOBELINA said...

Hahahahahahahahaha why you tell the whole world how much I truly know about the stock market!? :o) xoxo

aisyah ajib said...

Hahahhah (to pho's comment) pls jaga diri elok-elok ya Alia!

Alia Ishak said...

Pho : Coz I lapchu? :)

Syah: Yes darling! Can't wait for you to come hone soon!! Counting down the days!! xx