Thursday 26 May 2011

The happy email

Is that my name up on that list
Does someone know that I exist....
*continues singing 'So Much Better'. It's from Legally Blonde the Musical btw!'*

Semi final selection: Tackled, fell and I broke my toe nail. It had to be the worse ever internal bleeding I have ever had. It bled and my big toe turned green. *cringe* What was worse was when I had rehearsals for Dreamgirls the next day. It bled for 5 days (dressings were soaked with blood!), the Doctor disallowed me from any activities. Of course I was stubborn enough to ignore, but I was also suffering and limping around in my foot guards and bandages.

Final selection: It has been a few crazy working weeks on our side and just a few days before the final futsal selection, I had breathing difficulties which came along with flu and fever on the actual day. Gosh the horror.  A few hours before the selection I was told to give it a pass in case I might pass out during the training session....I just nodded at the Doctor. and of course I was stubborn enough to not listen and not tell anyone that I was still going. And not tell the coach I was having breathing difficulties. And OF COURSE I nearly passed out after the selection. But I just had to go! Thank God for the inhaler the Doctor gave!

Last year, we became a team to represent the Bank for athletics tournament...

...we won Gold. and as a reward, the Bank sent us for a holiday trip to Bali!

Guess what?

We've now earned our places as the Bank's futsal players! Definitely, by far the best email we got today! The confirmation email.

:):):)


Intensive training starts in June for us, before our tournament in July. And quoting the coach,  I am playing as 'Lil Miss Striker'!

For starters, the Bank got me 
.
.
.

A Nike Elastico in my favourite colour!! Green! Yippee!! Thank you CIMB, I'm in love :)



Actually, I realized that my CIMB coaches are the best for they have always arranged to give me everything in my favourite colour. Even my Badminton racquet was previously custom made to have Green Strings and a Green Rubber Grip.


Oh well, higher risks do come with bigger rewards I guess. I'm just thankful that I did not pass out last night! For now, I'm pumped up to start training with the team :) Good luck my lovelies! Let's do this for the Bank and (of course) try to win another Champion's trip! =P

No comments: