Thursday 19 May 2011

Love will always take one through

When you do something without realizing the time that passes by, that's true love. But when these times are accumulated, you might just drop dead one day too. Without realizing it. And I just realized that! Yeah, secretly I wanted to be a superman when I was small ;) (face it, no one says superwoman one la).

Something I realized the past week. I mean, it has always been at the back of my head, I know it. I just have not experienced it until today. I had to juggle between work, Dreamgirls' rehearsals, theory lessons, futsal training and rehearsals for 'One Night Only' the whole of last week and weekend. Whilst at that, I managed to injure my toe oh-so-badly from futsal training. The internal bleeding got worse when I did not stop to take a rest and went on to prepare for the Broadway shows. But trust me when I say that I forgot that it was even painful when I'm happily rehearsing :) Mind over matter!

Well anyway, I had my first show for Broadway Academy last weekend, and I must say that I truly enjoyed it - the energy, the company, the team dynamic. I just loved everything about it! The practise and the choreography sessions, perfecting our blocking and pitches. Trying out the stage and doing sound checks. Having our teacher and Broadway team by our side making sure we are ok and on standby before and after the show. I just love it. Now I can't wait for Dreamgirls in July!

As I write this, I'm like a happy zombie, all happy and motivated but at the same time, I can just fall asleep in a split second. Have an excellent weekend ahead everyone! :)

No comments: