Monday 18 July 2011

Creating History


Exhilarated

I’ve finally performed right before a full crazy loud crowd at Istana Budaya. A dream that I never ever thought in a million years would ever come true. It just did as of July 13, 2011.

A standing ovation, top notch performance, wild crowd and an excellent performance from everyone – all casts, stage management, crew, musicians, production team. A perfect moment I was so very thankful of. A moment when everything we’ve gone through paid off handsomely!

A night when I cried right after curtain call, because it was just so perfect! That moment when Tony immediately lifted me up high and swung me in the air congratulating me on my first ever show! A dream come true for me and definitely an event that will forever motivate me! Believe it and it shall be yours :)

That also marked the day my team and I created history in Malaysia! First ever Broadway musical to be staged back at home. Thankful I'm a part of it! Alhamdulillah



3 comments:

farhana said...

i dont know u personally, but through twitter n this blog, i know that u really strong, ambitious, happy go lucky and very excited in what you do.
im really proud with u. Really proud! =D

SS. said...

I'm sure i've told you this before but just want to remind you again of how amazing you are. such an inspiration la kak alia. may allah bless you with more exciting opportunities like this!

Alia Ishak said...

Farhana: Aww, thank you dear :) Doing what you love never run out of style :)

SS: You're too sweet, thank you Sya :) Kak Alia? Inspiration? haha! Glad I managed to share some happy inspiration, but trust me, I'm nowhere near amazing. Will see you soon enough for our long overdue supper session!