Sunday 3 July 2011

Sweet Glory

As Dreamgirls show gets closer, the pressure rises day by day and schedule gets even more complicated for everyone. It has been a good 2 weeks at Istana Budaya and it's gonna get more challenging the next 2 weeks. The final 2 weeks.

But that aside for a bit, yesterday was our big futsal tournament. The Malaysia Investment Banking Association (MIBA) 2011. Last year I ran for athletics, but I thought why not give futsal a go this year. This time it was hosted by Maybank Investment. Given that the whole week, rehearsals for Dreamgirls ran up till close to midnight, I wasn't able to attend any of our futsal trainings, so I was pretty nervous to get through the tournament.

Firstly because, I play as striker, I overslept and I woke up feeling so exhausted! Must be a build up from rehearsals the whole week and because I was also on duty at Kak Yong's 'nikah' do the night before the game. Aisyah kept reminding me not to accidentally-fall-asleep when carrying the hantaran, it was too funny! Well of course I did not =)



Anyway, I got to the courts with the sleepiest face, really! But at the same time, I did feel the pressure. But you know what makes things easier, when you have awesome sporting teammates and colleagues who would come all the way to cheer us on. I get motivated too when I see us all clad in the same jersey as a team. Our mens team supported us when we played and we went to support them when they played. I love the energy and happy vibes I get when we train as one, everytime! Be it at training or competition. I'm weird like that! :):) The love you get being around them is massive! We became very close to each other since training started a few months ago, I was sad when tournament ended.



Playing as striker, the funniest bit was when we drew the first game and the team tried to raise my motivation level afterwards. Guess how they did it? Stuck my ears with loud musicals from Broadway, every single time I'm on break outside the courts :):):):) Oh my god, into the second game, I was already hyper and partially dancing in the courts. This is when I see my teammates and coach regretting giving me too much music, smacking their foreheads outside. "I think she eats vitamins A-Z la! I don't understand how can she be this hyper and happy all the time". Yes, in futsal you're supposed to be ganas, not all smiley and making friends, singing and dancing on cloud nine. LOL! But hey, it helped big time coz I scored 2 goals to win 3-0...and I made new friends in the court! Whoopdeedoo! If you know me well, music can almost make me do anything! Unfortunately, I cannot bring iPods into the courts.

It fills my system with great happiness to see how supportive my teammates are, and how hard/easy they try to make sure I stay happy everytime. I'm truly blessed to be in the same team as them!

Loving the soft toy tiger from Maybank!

Starting from then on, we went on to win all the other five games! So did our boys! :) I swear team dynamic was at its peak throughout the tournament especially during finals. It felt like we were in a super big international tournament with all the other teams watching the final game and we had an awesome commentator to spur up the game too. Super love it! I was just overwhelmed when I heard the final whistle which marked the end of the game. It was even sweeter to see our coaches beaming with happiness as he watched both teams, the guys and the girls go up to receive the champion's award.




Alhamdulillah, WE ARE THE CHAMPION for both ladies and men's team! 
Well done my CIMB-futsal loves! You guys are awesome!

Well played CIMB Investment!
=)



Right now, all I can think about is getting some rest. Can't even bring myself to get up this morning! Body aches everywhere. Oh dear me. But then again, sleeping is boring. Maybe I'll read. I'm such a confused child!

No comments: