Thursday 7 July 2011

Bump In

means we start rehearsing with the need for the longest concentration span ever. From the cast, orchestra, stage crew and tech guys!


As we watch the crew work really hard on stage with the props and sets. It all looks spectacular!!

Sets and props, costumes and lightings. The need to rehearse scene by scene, again and again to make sure the lighting effects, the sets, sound and technical blends in perfectly together. It has to be perfect by the mili-second! I, for the record has never been in a production ever before in my entire life. And this time, I have truly been given the greatest opportunity to learn how a production works! Gosh, I have a whole new level of respect for performers, I swear. But you've got to be in the business to be able to say "I understand", coz if not, you just won't.

I used to think that, nothing beats the hardwork needed in a corporate world. But I was wrong. Performing arts is insane!

It's only a week away, and as much as I am nervous waiting for the big day to come and excited to get through next week, I'm also starting to feel very sad. Night and day, it's all about Dreamgirls (and I've been dreaming about it a lot too! Geez...), I cannot imagine how difficult it will be on that 24th of July, after our final show. I think I will cry! I won't be able to see the cast as much anymore afterwards.

17 exhausting days of Dreamgirls to go. All the best team!  = )

3 comments:

gwen velora said...

good luck sis! :)

farhana said...

Good luck sweetie! Do ur very best, n i know u can do it =D

Alia Ishak said...

Gwen : Thank you sweetie!! :)

Farhana : You're such a great supporter dear. Thanks a million! Really appreciate it :)