Friday 16 September 2011

Pick me upper

I was feeling very very very exhausted and lethargic this week! To start of my week, an email to draft out 3 complicated products came in on Sunday and today is Malaysia Day. So that's 4 days to work on it. Nerve wrecking meetings that I got invited to at the 11th hour to attend and futsal trainings that have started. Sleep deprived too!

When I am tired, I get hyper. Exahusted? Very hyper! I really don't understand how this works really. One thing's for sure, when I get very hyper and start singing and dancing at work, my bosses would know that knackered is an understatement. I love it how they know oh-too-well already :)

So, we took a break and they did what an Alia needed yesterday. Revisit the "10 ways to pick up Alia's mood"! This is when I am feeling blah for no reason and need a pick me upper!
  1. Catch my kind of movie
  2. Finish a book in 2 days
  3. Walk down digital memory lane
  4. Pamper me
  5. Give gifts for no reason
  6. Sing out loud
  7. Find my inner child
  8. Create a mood playlist
  9. Meet old friends
  10. Desserts
So, the easiest for them at that time when I was dying for some happy times was? 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10. 6 out of 10, that should be able to push me to resume work with great energy!

I'd say 6 and 8 are pretty similar and yes, I listen to songs really loud at work that sometimes I don't even hear my own office phone rings. But the louder the music, the more motivated I am, the happier I be and the faster I complete my work. So my bosses have no complains on that volume level. He's just worried that when I get older, I won't be able to hear anything :P I got my bubble tea, planned our next movie outing, sang out loud in the office and I thought number 7 was the best.....They just threw markers on my table.... What happened next?

Gone were the glasses in the office coz Lil Alia came out to play.


To be honest, it feels really good when you can just be yourself at work without anyone judging you :)

No comments: