Sunday 11 September 2011

The Power of Kindness

At the end of my first internship, my boss gave me this book entitled “The Power of Kindness” with a note that said ‘because you have everything in this book’ just before I left. Too sweet ok when I am so sure I don't have all those qualities in the book. Hmmph. One of the easiest superior to work with. He understands my needs, I understood his and we understood the importance of work life balance then. Till today, it leaves me with this very satisfying happy feeling every time I read it.

One thing I learned was that no matter how mean people can be to you, just stay on and be nice, coz at the end of the day, the one who is nice will never lose out no matter what. With that I mean that at the same time, never allow people to bully. Should someone step over the limit, then draw the line. It's aways scary when a nice person gets angry!

Reason why I’m suddenly writing this is because, a friend just told me about how rudely mean people can be to her. But I did tell her to stay on being the very nice girl she is and let them be the unhappy envious losers :) I’ve witnessed a time when it was difficult for a girl to ‘penetrate’ her way through a group. Not because they’re popular, they weren’t. In fact they were a group of aggressive lot, quite the opposite from her. Just that they were all a professional in what they do, and this girl was just wanting to learn a thing or two from them. They were also a group of clicks that weren’t too easy to accept anyone new.

Today, the girl works very well with the team and they’ve become so close with each other. It’s a nice thing to see! Happily ever after. Macam fairy tale dah pulak.

All I’m saying is that, always treat others the way you want to be treated and exercise kindness and moderation in everything that you do, coz in time people will learn to accept if you are sincere and usually, it’s always just a waste of energy to get angry, so you might as well just be happy :) 

Nothing in this world can ever be life’s biggest problem, really.

No comments: