Thursday 27 October 2011

Puffer Fish


“Oh my God! Announcing the arrival of Bloat. That puffer fish from Finding Nemo!”
That’s my boss trying to make a joke early in the morning when I was all kelam kabut rushing for a submission and not all smiles when I came in to work. Haha! Sometimes, I just feel so proud of them for knowing their cartoons just so that they can communicate in ‘my language’.

“Why is your face swollen?”

“Don’t know. I think I dreamt I was underwater with Nemo and Dory and Bloat and then terlanggar ship besar. Bangun bangun je “POOF”. On a more serious note, I’m ok!”

(He laughed! Score!) You say It’s ok all the time and they have different meanings everytime too (everyone at work tend to shorten my name to just Ya, instead of calling me Alia sometimes). That, we all semua tau. But I also know that you say I don’t know to many things just because you’re nice when you actually know it, don’t you Alia? I believe you do that in meetings and you’re doing it right here right now as we speak”

*seriously shocked*

“Nice? Why would I wanna be nice? No lah. Maybe? I don’t know. You want to buy me chocolates to increase my happy hormones instead of playing detective perhaps?”

“There you go again. Standby time at 9.30. Meeting’s upstairs”

“mmmmkay”

Wow. He does know me oh-too-well. I just never realized.

On a different note, grilling session with the committee was worth it and the product proposal has been approved. Finally, eversince my first year joining the firm :) Well done team!! 2 more to go! Please let me have the energy to get through this with a lot of motivation and happiness.

No comments: