Sunday 23 October 2011

David Foster and Friends

To shout like I will lose my voice the next day. To laugh like no one cares. To dance like no one was watching me. To cry and have tears rolling down my cheeks like a waterfall. To make new friends like it's first day of school...and to just be motivated, in love and happily me around people who knows me as me :) 

Nothing more I needed than that exact feeling I had as I watch David Foster, Michael Bolton (when I was small and he sang Hercules' song, I was determined to marry someone who can sing! :P), Charice, Russell Watson, Ashanti and Philip Bailey perform right before my eyes and the other thousand who were with me at Stadium Bukit Jalil last night! To decide on the ticket, to queue with the thousands of people just to get in and to get that seat inside the stadium. It was all worth every second of it.

The minute Foster started his piece from St Elmo (a song that never fails to motivate me especially during my final exams in Uni!), I CRIED. I was as good as gone. Lost in my own little world, singing my heart out to every song! :) Oh my god, if I could ever live that moment again, I would. It was too happy even I couldn't control it, my eyes just had to cry. Priceless tears of joy.

I realized that no matter how difficult or how demotivating a week can be, there's nothing that music cannot cure. Motivation and situation, checked! :) 


To experience a time when motivation was taken away from me was not easy. In fact, I now understand what it's like to work by force and not because of passion (I did not have the slightest motivation at all). It feels like crap. It even takes up more energy and more time to complete something. But one thing's for sure, it's colleagues like mine who'd come to the rescue and can put that smile back on my face and remind you why it's ok to feel what I felt. Bless them amazing souls who truly understand me :) and then there's David Foster and Friends who made my weekend a perfect one too!

P/s: It's the 23rd today! European Union Summit! G20 Finance Ministers supposed to announce a convincing solution to a deepening Euro Zone debt crisis. Let's see what's in store!

No comments: