Friday 14 October 2011

World of Sports (Part 2)

Straight after netball, I rushed over to slip in some mummy-daddy-me time for lunch before making it just in time for friendly soccer. The power of making more time when there’s no time to begin with is very satisfying :)

Maybank – CIMB – StanChart – Khazanah.
 
Khazanah vs StanChart whilst CIMB-Maybank waits for their turn! :)

If this was not a game that was just as crazily exhausting and filled with stress and pressure similar to listing an IPO, I don’t know what else to compare it with (especially when it was CIMB vs Maybank. Intense!). Investment companies are so very competitive at work and outside ok! What I loved most though was, to be able to be alongside Mr CEO and CFO down at the field on a weekend playing sports and to see everyone making time to represent the company. It gives me a very I-don’t-know-how-to-explain motivating feeling.

This motivation brought us through to the semis and finals and into the top spot in the end! Champions! Well played CIMB Investment and well done team! You guys are such superstars! :)

Funniest bit though was when I arrived clad in CIMB’s jersey, but I left with part of me covered in green for Khazanah. My ex bosses from Khazanah were playing and scoring for KNB! I can’t help but to cheer them on and spent a good time on the fields catching up with them!Them who I used to work with during the day and play sports with at night afterwards. Was shocked to see my boss’ son all grown up to be a big handsome boy. already Last I worked at Khazanah, he was just a very cute lil baby boy.

To top to the excitement, I thought Maybank had the best support system alright! With their cheerleaders and gendang-players clad in yellow baju melayu. Loved the spirit :) It was a really really tiring sporty Saturday for me.

No comments: