Saturday 15 October 2011

Pawagam Duniaku


PRESS CONFERENCES

...and I swear there was never a Monday blue fever ever throughout the 4 months!!

“Tibalah masaku.
Mengejar angan angan.

Inilah masaku.
Tidak lagi berangan.
Suratan takdirku di dalam genggaman.

Pawagam duniaku.
Dunia yang gemilang.
Disini namaku.

Terang dan terbilang”

That was me 3 months ago. Up on Istana Budaya’s world class stage, dancing a dream I never thought I’ll ever ever achieve. *Butterflies in my stomach* I still get butterflies in my stomach when I think about it. One of the most beautiful dream come true for me. It was at that time and forever will be in my memory.

This time I was seated in the audience – watching The Secret Life of Nora.

But this time, it felt different. I believe Dreamgirls has taught me to appreciate every single detail of it. A production is not just about the story line in which if you ask, many would think so. I’ve learned to appreciate from the acting to the tech runs. The choreography, the casts. The people we don’t see from the audience such as the orchestra and the management  Sound engineer and directors of all sorts. The props and the crew working hard to make it perfect (yes, pushing those props to its exact location is not easy at all mind you). Spotting people I’ve been very lucky to be able to work with during Dreamgirls. At that time, it felt surreal that I have stepped foot on the stage.

I miss call times. I miss my Dreamgirls. I miss that time of my life as a performer. But at the same time, I also miss being a banker when I am performing. I can’t help but smile with the happiest feeling in me throughout the whole show, understanding how difficult it must have been prior to the show and being able to see how well they have executed it all :) I’ve never been this proud watching a local production before :)

I can only dream to be in all the productions out there, but currently work does not permit. I love both, being a Banker, being a Performer. Hence why the thought of what I got earlier this year, to be a part of a production, the first ever Broadway in Malaysia never fails to push me to keep on dreaming the impossible. It also drives up my motivation every single time I think about it

Right now, I just can’t wait till next weekend when I’ll be performing for a corporate event and watching David Foster with my music lovers!! The Asia Tour 2011 is coming to Malaysia and I have gotten hold of my tickets :) I just love David Foster and it’s a bonus that Michael Bolton (he sweeps me up straight to cloud nine everytime he sings Go The Distance from Hercules….ahhhh *melts*), Charice, Russell Watson, Ashanti and Philip Bailey! I am going to be so over-drugged with music that day, I so know it.


 My all time favourite who calls me Hammie, one who encourages me every single day to just give it a go eventhough I was having a hard time with vocals during Dreamgirls and one who'd give me random hugs every day and tell me a joke jus to get me going!! He just doesn't like it that I'm happy all the time.
Quote of the year: "Life's not a comedy Alia, so stop smiling!"
If you ever have the chance to bump into him, say hello. He'll stop and chat. He's awesome like that :) 

 One I've always been very proud of! If you know him, you'd know that this was his dream since the day I met him for the first time. He has worked hard, he has sacrificed a lot and to think that this 'abang senior' (that was seriously what he used to make me call him in Uni!) was the one who took care of me when I used to study in London, who'd come running by in his slippers and hoodies to my campus when I was homesick. Didn't know he was gonna be a big star! :)

...and this gorgeous Kimora-lookalike superstar, she's just superbly awesome! Watch her perform and you'll understand true definition of true love for performing arts. That's passion! This is one girl who tells me to quit everything, drop it and skydive into performing arts every single night, every single day after rehearsals when we walk our way back towards KLCC. Yes, because she did exactly that! She's a big believer who dreams the impossible every day and never fails to share it with me every single time! 
This girl is all brain and beauty :)

Stephanie, Aaron (our CC White in Dreamgirls), Aznil, Tiara, Ryan, Tony and Adibah Noor

So, if you can, go catch Secret Life of Nora - if you plan to watch passionate performers perform it for the love of the arts industry. I have so much respect for these superstars and especially
directed to Aaron! I never knew he could speak such excellent bahasa melayu. Throughout Dreamgirls, we only did english, and so I was very very impressed! Well, he did say he had to go through hell to get to that level, nothing comes easy :)

Remember, it's not all just about the story line. A production is more than just that.

2 comments:

farhana said...

TSLON, great theater indeed.
Everyone plays their role wif all their heart. Luv all the songs, storyline and everything bout it.
I fall in luv wif theater already =)
Hope to watch ur performance in future as i missed Dreamgils.

Aaron cant speak in Malay fluently? But yeah, he did awesome in TSLON.

Alia Ishak said...

He did awesome didn't he! Such a hardworking talent that one :)

And you should give auditions a try love. the experience is worth every minute of it I promise you! It's like Ryan saying "Keep on shining" :))

A twinkle in the dark, an unexpected spark, tonightttt! *twirls in the room*