Thursday 31 May 2012

What if I fainted?

Throughout my times in YCM, I have always had the opportunities to do shows on air, live shoots for TVs, both for Malay shows and English ones and a bit of interviews here and there. I love making new friends, and I get pretty excited when explaining to people about YCM.

Likewise, ever since I started work, I've always loved the opportunities to brainstorm with the team about talent recruitments and future direction of the firm. Getting an opportunity to create a Programme for Gen Ys recently and allowed to tailor it how I'd love it to be. It's always an honour to be allowed to do so. However, when I got a call last week from one of the Heads, to represent the firm at an Asian event up north, I sort-of-nearly-fainted.

What to wear? 
What if I said the wrong thing about the firm? 
What if I cannot get the audience to interact back with me? 
WHAT?! 500 people?! I am so gonna faint right before the audience and get fired by Sunday. I'm not good with big crowd.
Mr CEO is doing the closing speech?! You.Are.Joking.
How did I get myself to do a presentation for the firm on the same stage that Mr CEO will be doing his as well? And we are gonna be representing the same firm. I am not gonna make it through the weekend, really. Whatever it is, make sure my presentation is before Mr CEO's. At least I won't look as silly if I were to present after his super awesome speech!

My colleague even joked, "Maybe we should do a farewell for you, you know. In case you don't make it through and not allowed to come back to office next week". Vivy on the other hand, "ONLY 500. Pffft. Kidding!". Not. Funny.

Anyway, I've managed to convince myself that this will be a good opportunity. Great opportunity like this doesn't come knocking always in fact! So, to distract myself this week and in the midst of my panic mode, I was whining to Vivy and Kim about what to wear. I wanted something summer-ish in colour (oh-so-mengade! We have summer all around in Malaysia anyway) that'll go with black pants and at the same time, looks simple. Elegant and simple, yup. Of course I found myself in the FV office making life difficult for everyone coz I was trying on a green top, then a white blazer, then an orange top which I loved but could not fit. 

Finally!

Necklace: Accessorize

Of course nothing is complete until my shoes have the Firm's corporate colour!
Shoes: Kiss & Tell

Ok, I think I got it all covered! June is here and the Firm has definitely filled up my travelling calendar. Now that I'm all done with playing dress up, I think I have those butterflies back in my tummy. Hmmph.

No comments: