Tuesday 12 June 2012

Homesick nonsense


People close to me are quite used to this, so whenever it happens, they really just ‘layan’ me on the phone/skype/bbm/whatsapp. Whichever lah.

I’m a person who loves travelling, but for the life of me, homesick is something I can never learn to live with. I get homesick even when I am at work. Not only that, I get homesick even if it’s only ONE day that the company sends me for work away from KL. Funnily, I’ve developed this office sick nonsense too, where I get office sick when I am based outside of office. I still have Vietnam, Singapore and Jakarta to go to next.

However, there’s a cure for this. If someone close to me follows me on the trip. Definition of someone close is someone that my parents know very well or at least someone I’m close with that my parents know of. Either or would solve my homesick nonsense.

I cannot even begin to imagine when I get married. I get a lil scared thinking about it. Don’t girls get homesick once they’re married? Yes, whoever I marry will definitely be someone my parents have already known and hung out with so that’s solved right, but…but. But it’s just different. I know children these days would do a weekend visit to their parents or something like that, but I still think I’ll get homesick.  Good thing, my closest colleagues are on the same trip with me next.

Maybe I can turn that arrangement around. I see my husband on weekends instead! But then again, when the real time comes, I might just be husband sick on most days instead of homesick.

For now, I’ve asked for last flight out and first flight in when the company exports me off to Vietnam in a few days. APPROVED! WHOOPEEE!

No comments: