Saturday 18 August 2012

I want to marry someone like him

It's official! Malaysia is celebrating Raya tomorrow!! Alhamdulillah for yet another great Ramadhan this year. May it not be the last one, InsyaAllah :)
Selamat Hari Raya guys! Maaf zahir dan batin okay for all the wrongdoings. We're going green this year! :)

This year, it's not JUST about Raya, but it is also the day, a man so important in my life retires. I have never met a great idol like him, so respectable, so successful yet so humble. If there is one person I have so much respect for is Daddy. A man with little words and an intelligence like no other!
This is one person who has all the patience in the world like nobody else! It's unbelievable! One, when I was younger, would make sure the water running from the tap was warm before he undress me and wait for me to finish showering (when I get out of the bathroom, my uniform will already be laid down on the bed) before accompanying me till I leave for school. When he comes by to fetch me from school, there will never be a day that goes by when the doesn't wait by the gate to carry my school bag all the way to the car and afterwards accompany me to do my homework till bedtime.

At work, he is a person of great charisma, so successful, so loved by his students and patients but yet so modest. A dentist/lecturer so loyal to his one and only institution from the day he graduated, continuously sharing knowledge with his students till he retired. At home, he's a buddy who'd make me laugh, a father with the greatest most rational advise and as a whole, an amazing father to me. A loving husband goes without saying. MasyaAllah. There is so much to learn from this man and I can only pray everyday that Allah will let me marry someone just like him, Amin!

He who has never raised his voice, he who brings laughter to the family, he who is very forgiving, he who effortlessly brings joy and he who cares for the family like I can only wish I'd be half as great as he is when I have my own family. Now that I'm big, he'd come shopping with me and he still sings like how he used to sing to me since I was little.

So indenial he said, "I have to continue working la. At least till I marry you off". In actual fact, he's just that caring and also... a workaholic. Hmmph.

Thank you for being such a perfect role model! Happy birthday Papa, I love you!

No comments: