Thursday 16 August 2012

Power of the odds


During Ramadhan, most of us will, with great extra effort pray to Him to guide us to find malam Lailatul Qadr on the last 10 days. I must say this year has been a bit different as I was released off work to spend the Ramadhan with my family at home before the Firm sends me abroad to pursue my Masters.

It is no doubt that we need to continue seeking for Lailatul Qadr, but it has been said that it usually falls on a malam ganjil. Malam 21, 23, 25, 27. Last night was malam 27, so mama, daddy and I did our usual solat tasbih, solat taubat, solat tahajjud and solat hajat throughout the night till just before sahur. 

MasyaAllah, today the weather has been so pleasant, it feels so serene and the day has been very cool. It's now passed Zohor and the sun is still not out! :) I felt the same feeling and experienced the same sort of weather after malam 21 on Saturday. Considering Aiman and I came home late that night, we had all the energy to stay up to perform our prayers! Aiman even got a random call at 3 am, before we both woke up at 4 to perform our tahajjud prayers and then had our sahur at McDonalds.

That extra energy and calmness out of a sudden is just so magical! :)

May He continue to guide us and grant us Lailatul Qadr, InsyaAllah. Just a couple more days before the end of Ramadhan :(

No comments: