Monday 22 October 2012

Raynaud's on Day 57

Conversation with my cousin, who happens to also be my Doctor

"OMGGGG! My hands are so super blue today! I swear I could have killed myself for not reminding you about this. I used to get this when I was an undergrad too, bila sejuk, it swells up like a helium balloon! Quite fascinating though. Should've gotten you to check!"
"Blue? Psycho la. Is it painful?"
"No"
"Is it stinging"
"No"
"Aiyo, then what?!"
"I don't know. You're the Doctor! It's so swollen, it's probably 150% the size of my left hand and it gets really warm, but it's not painful. Just that it is so swollen that it is hazardous. When it's so swollen, I cannot write. I cannot write means, no point la going for lectures. And if I don't go for lectures means, I won't know what the lecturer had taught us and that just means I might as well not do Masters...."
"-________-"
"I'm serious!!!"

...conversation went on for another 10 minutes and then...

"You have Raynaud's"
"What?! Isn't that a car? Renault?"

So yeah, I have been diagnosed. I have Raynaud's. *cries a river*. So I went home and went crazy on the internet doing research.

Well, Wikipedia says "Raynaud's phenomenon is an exaggeration of vasomotor responses to cold or emotional stress. More specifically, it is a hyperactivation of the sympathetic system causing extreme vasoconstriction of the peripheral blood vessels, leading to tissue hypoxia."

"So what do I have to do now?"
"If there's warm water, run your hands under warm water. Eat Vitamin D and Cod Liver Oil"
"Eeeeewww! Anything easier?"
"Yeah. Balik Malaysia. No cold, no stress. Perfect!"
"Hello?! Seriously la!"
"Well, I do love Abercrombie & Fitch. So, get their jacket and keep yourself warm, I'm serious. You'll even forget that your hands are cold, you can hold ice"

Sorted!
Omg, I'm in love with this jumper! SO. SUPER. WARM. I can even stuff myself with extra frozen yoghurt and ice cream and still feel warm and fuzzy!! And I even forgot I have Raynaud's now!

Btw, Pink Berry's natural yoghurt and watermelon flavour is so awesome!! I can have them all day long! :)

No comments: