Tuesday 23 October 2012

The Book That Nearly Killed Me Day 58

My day ends way faster when I read a book.

It has been close to 2 months since I got to London and I have found a new happy thing to do. READ. Story books I mean, not school books. And I've come up with my read-a-book theory I was telling Su about: when I read, I feel like the time moves so much faster! By the time I get home, I almost feel like the only time I have for is, to sleep and study (or at least attempt to). And because school runs from 9am to about 6pm every day, I don't sleep very late for fear of feeling tired the next day. And then the cycle goes around again! Technically, my day finishes faster when I read a book without me even realizing it, get it? Yipppeee! I think I ought to get a Nobel Prize for this! :D

I don't know where I actually found the extra time, but considering that I have a driver here (bus driver and tube driver?), I do have the luxury to spend the extra time everyday. In the tube, in the bus, when I walk to and from the stations.

Last week, Su suggested that I walk instead of taking the bus to the tube station. Only because we've been eating like we've never eaten in a million years. She walks ALL THE TIME whilst I usually take the bus since I've already paid for my monthly pass anywayyy. But I agreed, in the name of losing weight losing the nasi lemak calories! :)

Today, as promised, I walked from the tube station back home after school and this time decided to finish up a book. So I read my book whilst walking, a skill Su is trying to teach me. I only have ONE CHAPTER left homaigod!! I can't seem to put it down as it gets closer to the end. Guess what happened? I nearly walked into a lamp post. FAIL.

...But the best was when I came close to walking into a car that was driving towards me. Oh my goodness. But instead of getting scolded (like I pictured it would be back home), the driver was so sweet : "You're surely very into the book darling, must be an interesting one! Got to watch out for cars too now. Have a great rest of the day finishing it up!"... and then he smiled. Awww!
So who to blame? Me or the book (for being so interesting)? Oh well, I just finished my 3rd one now in which one was a second time reading and onto my 4th which my housemate (she's a super bookworm) has gotten me a new book. Then the 5th which favourite London Banker just received in the office and one's coming from Malaysia. I have 3 other books in the way! Whooopee!

I have a feeling...most of the parcels that get sent over to Barclays are addressed to me! It almost feels like I'm working there! Haha! The convenience of having my housemate and favourite Banker working in the same Bank. They become my super postman. Love! :)

No comments: