Saturday 9 February 2013

Time to burn all the happiness - Day 167

It almost felt like my birthday was later than the usual date this year!

Birthday parties and surprises came well after my birthday has come and gone, and I cannot even begin to explain the happiness I felt at every single one of them!! Seriously, I don't know what I did to deserve that many birthday parties. Of course it's also because I have only the best of loved ones, friends, classmates and colleagues, MasyaAllah bless them all! :)))
4 birthday parties (surprises) in total, which means 4 days of cakes, cakes, cakes and cakes!
and of course the minute it all ended, I signed up for training at the gym! Too much cake in me. Too much sugar in the system, and I'm growing a few pinches of sugar by the day. All those fats, they're love I tell you! I mean come on, when someone gets you a cake, it's only polite to eat them, no? ;)

Now, happy birthday girl was being all smart (and crazily motivated!) by signing up for 10 mix-sessions, not knowing that they had no mercy for beginners. Hahaha! Lain kali jangan pandai pandai! Well, for starters I tried out Zumba with my friends. Boy oh boy, I love dancing alright, but trust me, I don't know what movements my body did. It took charge of the whole system the minute the song started!

Safe to say...I nearly died after my first session at the gym yesterday.

Well, at least I burnt em calories!

...before going off for a Chinese dinner with the rest!
*ooopsie daisies*

but I ate soup only! No, I drank soup!

4 comments:

*me* said...

Hey! I'm a random Malaysian student currently pursuing my Masters in QM. Stumbled upon your blog and thought I would drop by and tell you that I really do enjoy reading your posts. I'm taking Int Fin and in an LDR with my bf as well! All the best in your studies and relationship! Have a great week ahead =)

Alia Ishak said...

Aww, thank you very much! :) I was previously from QM too during my undergrad days! What course are you doing over there?

All the best to you too btw :)

*me* said...

Hi ! So excited to read your reply after all I'm just a random reader :P I'm doing Law and Economics. I did Law for my undergrad so doing quantitative methods and all those economic models really scares me out. What did you do for your undergrad if I may ask?

Alia Ishak said...

Aww, I'm sure you will be fine :)
I did BSc Economics, Mathematics and Statistics :) Something quite similar to my Masters in Financial Engineering now