Saturday 25 May 2013

Almost there Day 272

I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment.

I'm ending my Masters in a couple of weeks, InsyaAllah. I've never come across something that is both challenging and requires this much time and thinking effort like a day's 24 hours is ever enough. Sleeping time has become my favourite now, but if I were to wake up a minute after the time I was set to wake up, it stresses the heck out of me.

And to think that this time last year, I made my first attempt to apply for a Masters course in the UK. I remembered I was as happy as a kid who got candies when I did my application. I don't deny that it's lengthy and tiring but probably because at that time, I was with a job, and it wasn't just any job. It was a job I was in love with. So I know if even if the Universities did not accept my application, I can still continue going through my daily happy routine at work. I had nothing to lose.

So a girl who loves daydreaming like as if she's a superstar, went all out to apply. One of them was obviously Imperial (amongst the I-Don't-Even-Remember how many hundreds I applied to), which I honestly did not think that they would ever take me in. I've always dreamt of getting into their Business School. Of course with the very crazy day dreaming sessions that I have, I have actually applied to it before during my Undergraduate days, but got rejected.

A year down the line, I am so very grateful that I tried my luck to get into Imperial's Business School although it's a tough one here. I've definitely had moments when I've asked myself "Why did I take this up when I know I don't like studying", but right now...it's just 4 weeks to go till my final 4 exams!

The future is what keeps me going at the moment :) I must say, always try to get that dream you've always wanted. Because sometimes, if it's meant for you, He will give it to you InsyaAllah.

Have a very good long weekend everybody!! It's Bank holidays on Monday!

3 comments:

Nisa Hamuddin said...

ive been reading your blog and it really has inspired me to pursue my studies in UK again..

Thank youu!! =)

Nisa Hamuddin said...

Ive been reading your blog and it really has inspired me to pursue my studies in UK again..

Thanks a lot!! =))

Alia Ishak said...

Nisa Hamuddin: Aww MasyaAllah, thank YOU for reading! And good luck with application and studies if you plan to continue in the UK :) All of those hard work will be well worth it InsyaAllah!