Friday 19 July 2013

Bloomberg Anywhere - Day 329

Do you know what Bloomberg Anywhere is?

It's basically a product. In which if you have an account log in with Bloomberg, you'd be able to use the service anywhere, anytime if you own a Bloomberg Anywhere. Cool isn't it?! Just means that you're a superstar to be able to get an access to it. It is not cheap.

So today my Boss shouted from across the trading floor:

"Alia! Come on over and sit next to me. S is not here, so you can sit here for the next 2 weeks"
"I'm actually fine sitting over here (I sit 2 seats away from him), coz I think S' Bloomberg is locked and I cannot access it. Unless it can read my log in, or if you are ok with me asking you to check Bloomberg for me all the time"
"Nah you can't. Do you have Bloomberg Anywhere?"
.
.
.
"Yup!! In school"

You'd guess what happened next...the entire floor started laughing like as if I made the best joke in the world. Oh I bring joy to the world.

"It's a product that lets you access Bloomberg from anywhere. Not whether you have Bloomberg anywhere"

Do you get it?

It's "Do you have Bloomberg Anywhere?"
Not "Do you have Bloomberg (machine), anywhere (else)?"

No comments: