Tuesday 27 August 2013

All about time difference

First day back at work after a long flight yesterday.
 
Having to fight jetlag means getting up at 5.30am for work isn't a problem for me. Malaysia is 7 hours ahead than London afterall.
 
Problem kicks in when evening comes, which means it's sleep time back in Malaysia. Surprisingly, my excitement got the better of me and I was super charged in the office all the way till I got off work at bout 5.45pm. Thank god for the best job on Trading floor, where no moment is too quiet.
 
Started the day so well with an incomplete trade in another region and time difference just made everything worse. Yup, it's well because I have never experienced such a problem and everytime I come to a stumbling block at work, it makes me so excited to learn soething new and get scolded for that matter! Haha!  By the time you know it, I was about to pengsan already and it wasn't even 8.30 am yet in London office.
Got me thinking of that statement Traders like to make "Market never sleeps". Currently I'm only handling certain selected countries, so the working hours would have patterns like those markets that we handle at work. I used ot find it very interesting to have colleagues shout out "New York is awake!" when it's afternoon in London or "Hong Kong closing now" when I haven't been in the office that long and "India closing last" a couple of hours after I get into work.
 
Have you ever felt so very very happy and grateful at work you start thinking what you did right? And by the end of it not come out with a single reason how you got this opportunity but instead, how you used to always think you'd never make it through school coz exams are that hard alright.  
 
For now, I'm just so thankful that I'm learning something new everyday, and I still get to laugh so much at work every single day! Alhamdulillah for awesome people around me :)

No comments: