Monday 2 September 2013

Behind The Scenes

I never understood the whole shouting, rush and explosive expressions I used to witness on the trading floor before.

Until I got onto one myself. Suddenly everything makes sense.

Someone (or actually more than one) once told me that trading is a guy's world. Do you agree? I've always tried to understand if it's the nature of the job that is more suitable for guys, or the language or the stress?

I never got the answer. Every minute, wait... in fact every second matters when market is awake. And you know what they say, market never sleeps. Interestingly, I do get some.

Earlier, I was counting my blessings, how did I get so lucky MasyaAllah! For the amazing team and most importantly the opportunity I have been given being based in our rep office in London. I have just the most amazing colleagues believe me. Way senior than I am to begin with in terms of skill and knowledge but ever so patient to teach. Generous with their compliments when I know I've only done a very small task and ever so loving in their own 'trader' way, if you know what I mean.

Last week was crazy with a swing in profit and loss, unfavourable market outlook and situation in Syria. On one of the days, interesting just got onto a whole new level. We were scheduled for a conferenc call first thing in the morning, and so an hour before, everyone was making sure that everything from participants to technology were in place.

Whilst we were confirming everything, we were told, the CEO just resigned.

Can't get anymore interesting than this alright!I surely have one of the more interesting jobs in this world :)

No comments: