Tuesday 6 August 2013

Music In Me Day 347

Music can make me do a lot of things. In fact it motivates the hell out of me sometimes. It accompanies me, makes me feel all happy and tingly inside...the warmth it brings, I can't even explain it in words! 

I don't have the best or beautiful voice to begin with, but I've always wanted to be able to sing well. What I did here for Dreamgirls before was just a major dream come true, really. I never ever thought in a million years that I'd get to audition and get accepted as a cast for a Musical, let alone step foot and perform at Istana Budaya! Alhamdulillah, He is great indeed :)

So now that I'm left with just my final research paper due in 10 days, I've been taking a little random breather the past couple of weeks and revisited the wannabe-singer in me a couple of times. I naturally have a high singing voice, so singing with my normal (sometimes talking) voice needs a lot of extra effort.

The living room has become a studio on some days and recording, searching for chords and vocal training have become a random norm with my darling housemate, Shasa. Recorded a couple of songs and I sounded like homaigod-kena-tutup-telinga for some! Seriously!

But most importantly, it brought out so much happiness in me recording them :) What made it even more special and a motivation is when your super awesome friends tell you that you sound like a superstar and that they keep listening to it, before going to bed, when they get up and pushes you to record more songs...you know they're such liars because I gave them incomplete recordings to listen to everytime. Too sweet! :')

Some of my favourite recordings were Listen, Everything Has Changed and Gravity. I know one day in the future I'm gonna look back and at least I have the recordings to listen back to.

For now, I'm in the midst of writing a song.

No comments: