Tuesday 13 August 2013

Selamat Hari Raya! 353

This year’s Raya feels a whole lot different than the rest. For the first time, on the morning of Raya, instead of getting all ready and pretty for sesi salam-bersalaman with the family and going to the mosque together, I was in fact rushing to get ready for work and making final checks on my project when I can. 6 days away from the end of my Masters course and I am the only Malaysian on this trading floor, what Raya? Hahaha, yup, I do work for a Malaysian Bank thanks for realizing :P
Raya did not feel like Raya this time apart from the fact that when I called our KL and Singapore offices, they were either already on ‘Raya leave’ or getting ready to welcome it. I forgot I’m not in Malaysia until I got the notification email about Bursa Malaysia on half day market hours, a day before the predicted Raya day.
But somehow, it didn’t feel so bad to be honest :) The night before Raya, we baked cookies and cake, sang Raya song and had our very own pre-raya BBQ with rendang and ketupat. Invited close friends over to the house, had Jemaah prayers and Takbir at home!! As you would have figured, we slept late hence the morning rush.
Well on that note, Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir dan Batin everyone! If I have ever caused any sadness through my writing or in any possible way, please forgive me
Here’s one for the album :)


No, I was the only one working. Apen conveniently did not have his baju Melayu with him, but I thought it was alright, since I would have a friend then! :P Plus, I had no time to rush home after work to change! The rending, ketupat, lemang, nasi dagang, lontong….were calling!

But come weekend....I was prepared!

No comments: