Monday 23 September 2013

10k For Crohns

We made it into the official page! 
All those sweat paid off! And we were caught smiling (I swear I was smiling because I was thinking about lunch), that's most important!
Ran my first charity run at Hyde Park London with Aisyah over the weekend and homaigod, I finished it
*beams and hugs myself*
…and suffered a busted knee today, limping myself to work. I really thought I was going to give up halfway, 10k and I’ve not trained. The only training I had was walking to and from tube station and drinking an additional cup of green tea at night. Bahaha!

Two things that get me all excited about charity runs are one, running and meeting a lot of new people and secondly, getting free t shirts. For some weird reasons, I love collecting them! Not that I wear it anywhere else afterwards, I usually just wear it to sleep. Now running in Hyde Park was a big added bonus, because I love parks and it was a good weather in London who wouldn’t want to run for charity! :))

The run I did this weekend was extra special because I was running for crohns and was also dedicating this run specially to Baby Noah. To be honest, I never knew of crohn disease until this charity came up! It’s a kind of bowel disease that causes sickness like diarrhea, weight loss etc. So a day before the run, Shura and I were working on a print out to be pinned up onto that free t shirt of mine and Mummy Shura came up with this for me to wear :)
This one’s for you baby Noah. Aunty Alia will always love you 
Always and forever :')

1 comment:

Pinkle Island said...

Im so proud of you <3