Saturday 5 October 2013

CIMB 10th ANNUAL NORTH ASIA CONFERENCE

I remembered the first time I heard the news about CIMB wanting to buy RBS' Asia Pac units (because RBS was scaling down after receiving a government bailout), I was eyeing that opening they were offering at our then-new office to be opened in Australia.

Not knowing that today, I would be working with some of the most amazing traders in our London office instead, post RBS (cash equities and investment banking) acquisition, and I'm experiencing one of the best synergies ever. The team dynamic is just crazyyy AH-MA-ZING! :)

This CIMB-RBS decision was definitely a brilliant one!

We all know Asia plays an increasingly important role within the international investor's community. In particular, North Asia - led by its vibrant economies and internationally competitive corporates that will be a bellwether and future driver of global GDP growth. This November, we'll be bringing to London, the biggest North Asia Conference we've ever had, InsyaAllah!

My first thought: 
"I hope Samsung gives out their latest phones/gadgets as door gifts!"


CIMB 10th ANNUAL NORTH ASIA CONFERENCE
May Fair Hotel, London
21-22 November 2013

Prior to Masters, I have never had the opportunity to be involved/exposed specifically to the North Asia market. At least not on a big scale. But today, I'm being exposed to Asian markets more than I can ever imagine - being based out here in London on the Asian trading desk. Anything Asian, when held in the UK always makes me feel a little closer to home, in some weird way.

I'm really excited about this event you have no idea!! Looking at the list of companies coming, I have so much respect for the team for being able to bring over reputable companies. They've worked so hard, I just hope that I can be as amazing as them in the future! I'm just so happy I get to be involved in one of our own biggest event (post RBS merger).

Ok seriously, I really hope Samsung will come by with gadgets! :P

By the way, here's my boss trying to prepare me for the conference last week:
"LG Electronics coming to our conference. Hard to believe? Reality or Ultra Reality...find out yourself!"


They'd better not have a prank for us during the conference! Mr CEO will flip!

2 comments:

syidasyidek said...

Salam Alia,

I've been reading your blog since forever (:
Whenever you talked about your work it excite me.
I used to work as an auditor then i decided to take a break and pursue my master in accounting.


I would like to join Investment Banking but i do not know how its gonna look like.

Do you mind share your experience and story about IB and is it okay for me to give it a try?

thank you and have a nice day Alia!

syida

Alia Ishak said...

Of course I don't mind sharing! :) Drop me an email so that I know how to contact you?