Thursday 3 October 2013

Temporary

As the news of El’s passing started my day today, it hit me that life is temporary. This girl has the most bubbly personality and ever so cheerful, I loved being around her and her positivity. May Allah place her amongst the best people and grant her Jannah, InsyaAllah.

Being humans, we’re sometimes so caught up in the worldly errands and dreams that we chase daily, forgetting for a moment that everything can be taken away anytime. At least I do forget sometimes. Especially when I’m in my own little happy ball at work. I forget.

Money and intelligence have become a possession that defines how powerful one is in the human world. It’s a good reminder from Him today that those are things you have to work for (in the correct manner) but aren’t things you (directly) bring to the hereafter.  

No comments: