Thursday 31 October 2013

Disneyland Hunting


Property hunting. Everyone dreams of owning a pretty, large space-area that overlooks the swimming pool and gets the rising sun all at the same time. And then it's a question of whether you want to buy a property to stay in or as a long term investment. No doubt, it's as easy as that for some, but for most it's a battle with the calculator (or excel!) for every single cash-in cash-out that takes place. In reality, it's always more than just a pretty Kingdom you can call your own and go home to. In my case, Disneyland.


Firstly, are you ready to commit yourself to a large financing from the Bank? We all know that a loan is available to help you get a place whilst paying back in installments, but I have always been one who would have this at the back of my head. Whether I will be able to service this loan all the way with my disposable income? Whether there will be hidden charges that I have no capability of finding out about before signing the agreement?...etc. Take your time and find out about loans offered before committing.

Future prospect. The value of the property few years down the line. Value in this case is more than just the price but also the additional factors that adds up to the price, such as location, facilities, access. I definitely would want to look for a property that I believe would be easy to sell off ie there will easily be buyers few years down the line at a good price should I decide to let go.

Facilities. Now that I am browsing through a few property sites to look at what is available out there in the market, I find myself clicking on the facilities and location tab.  I’m inclined towards a place that has a cheerful common area if you get what I mean. Conducive for you to have a peace of mind or even spend a good happy family time on weekends and after work.

Easy access. At this age, you’d need to take into account location of the property. This would play a big part when finding buyers in the future – is the area known to be safe, not too congested and the easier the access to a lot of places the better.  Of course ultimately for me, is it easy to get to work? Easy to get to my parents' place? :P

All these preferences vary from one individual to another of course and there’s no right or wrong to it so dontcha worry. I'm no property expert but I do know that when you start browsing, you’ll be amazed at how many questions you ask yourself about that one ideal property you’re looking for.

A sign of growing up huh?

No comments: