Saturday 14 December 2013

Another new journey

Not funny. I nearly fell off the stairs at the biggest surprise today! You would not think you'd see your Boss and colleagues right before your eyes, on a weekend, along with all your friends at your favourite scones place in London!

All my favourites in one place in bright colours with this floating in the air!!!!!
 It's December and I think just maybe, it's time for this

It was kept low only because it was not easy for me and some others, in a lot of ways. I'm only partially ready right now, and so are they. I was afraid this time would come sooner than I thought and I wasn't prepared to face this kind of feeling within.

I've only had the best of everything whilst I'm here in London, and I believe it's only going to be even better after this. Leaving something good for another great (if not better) offer makes me feel grateful although I never thought it would be this difficult. My Boss sat me down and said "Malaysia needs you".

You will be a decision that is forever and always bittersweet. It's not easy to pack up and leave the amazing things I have - amazing housemates, amazing colleagues, amazing friends.

Malaysia has called me back; I'm going home for good soon InsyaAllah.

Here's to another big adventure ahead. May He continue to ease and protect me along the way, Amin. I'm filled with mixed feelings at the moment, but the good memories will keep me strong :)
Thank you for the surprise farewell do everyone!!!
A special thanks to Aisyah, Iman, Stella and my Boss who happens to also be our firm's Managing Director, Patrick. You guys are the best and I love you guys to the moon and back you have no idea!!!

14 December '13

3 comments:

HH said...

You always seemed so happy no matter where you are and who you are with. I figure it must be because of your positive and happy-go-lucky-always-traits. I love reading your blog, it inspires me to be positive and happy too. You inspire me in a lot of ways Alia! Welcome home soon!

farhana said...

Welcome back home (soon) sweetie :))

Alia Ishak said...

no, I am. still: Aww you're too kind, thank you very much :)

farhana: Thanks!! I shall read this comment again when I am really on the way home :)