Tuesday 17 December 2013

Sky Rocketed

It's amazing how you can find it in you to respect someone so much more than you already have.

Today, as I was walking back from lunch with him, I felt exactly that with my Boss, our MD. My level of respect for him just sky rocketed. His words are always so powerful and his actions are forever impactful. I find myself always listening to him so very intensely whilst observing him in action at work/during meetings and it's as if my brain works so hard to document every single word that he utters. Bless him for sharing his knowledge and experiences with someone so junior like me. I could do with a lot of great advice from one who has gone through more than anyone thought he has. One who could look at you and say thank you for the work you've delivered.

A very successful man, a great boss who at the same time is the most humble leader I've met.

More importantly, he's always reminding me to be that person who, if you get fired (or 'leave') tomorrow, you do not have any regrets from the days before because you have done your very best for every passing day (at work and everything you need or want to do). Be this kind of Boss to your team. One who is a friend to you yet you're scared to screw up your work when reporting to him.

Thanks for making my working experience in London one of the greatest Patrick! :)

No comments: