Friday 13 December 2013

Stress ball in an organized chaos

Trading as they say, is an aggressive world

Everyone has a minimum of 2 screens (and a maximum of 5) in the office. So you can imagine in our little trading 'room', the first things you'll see when you walk in would be Bloomberg screens filled with numbers if not graphs and charts. I could hardly see the person who sits opposite me without standing up and tip toe-ing.

But we have this thing in the office that when one is stress, a stress ball could come flying across the trading floor (with a one second heads up). Believe me, we're very skillful at not hitting those screens. Sometimes, some of us can be in our own world whilst the ball travels across in the air. Mind you, the ceiling's not that high either.

Yesterday, as I was replying an email a stress ball was flying across! At that very same time, M was standing up reading a research report, S was reading the Financial Times, Z and G were booking out trades, A was writing up a research piece, L was in a call and P was doing up his tie for a meeting.

I just stopped for a while to watch the chaos right before my eyes. It's a very organized chaos. It's a chaos made up of individuals in their own world. I can't help but find myself smiling finishing up my email. 

I'm in a very very beautiful mess.

On that note, I hit no screens with the ball today but I did hit R in the head when I threw it to him without giving a heads up. It must not have hurt since he didn't even look up and continued to read his email on the phone before picking it up later to throw it back at me!

Bless you guys for making me so happy everyday :'))

No comments: