Wednesday 21 May 2014

Hashtag Awesome Colleagues

Finally, Aiman could put name and faces together.

For the times when I used to work in London, he always heard nothing but great things about my colleagues - how they are able to make me so happy and excited to come to work every morning, not wanting to take leave because being away from office would mean I miss a day of being at work with them and how motivating my awesome colleagues are. I used to dread Fridays, because that would mean I won't get to see my colleagues the next 2 days!! Psycho I know, but I no longer suffer from that sickness anymore.

Walked him to my office and just the familiarity of the route to work made me so excited!

"I used to get off this station", "I used to have meetings with clients over here", "We used to run there after work", "we sometimes had lunch here".....I know he stopped listening halfway.

ANYWAY!

Got to the office and I introduced Aiman to all my colleagues. They all know of him, but this was the first time they're meeting and Mickey being himself teased Aiman about being slow at wanting to marry me. They used to joke that for as long as I'm not married, I'm considered single. Gosh, it felt SO GOOD to be back in the London office *sighhhh* so heart warming all the time.

They took us out for lunch, caught up, was being silly like we used to with each other (only that it wasn't as crazy as before, I think only because Aiman was around! Hahahaha!) and then we extended our wedding invitation to them. I really hope that when the day arrives, those close to me will get to meet these awesome colleagues of mine. When lunch ended, I thought geez, I feel sad already, but nope, Patrick had coffee planned for Aiman and I :)

Remember this? We had a half an hour coffee session with Patrick and he did what he does best, and that was to always make me feel very inspired and driven whilst at the same time realise what I need to look out for in life. Only that this time, safe to say, by the end of it, Aiman wished Patrick was HIS boss.

We left and for the first time, Aiman finally understands me and said "You really DO have AWESOME COLLEAGUES"

:)


No comments: