Sunday 18 May 2014

struggled through

It's been years since my last Malaysian Investment Banking Association (MIBA) tournament, only because I was based in our London office and was not allowed to join...and this year was quite the story. 

On one of the training nights, my car broke down (I'll write about this one day) in the middle of nowhere and I missed training. And then on another night, I pulled my hamstring real bad during a friendly game. 

Come competition day yesterday, I had a hell of a time battling the pain in the courts and at the same time had a major fall on my back (that came along with some pretty blue black colours). During finals, there were too many open opportunities where I just had to shoot that ball and forced my leg to kick. Whoa, testing! I ended up flat on the floor by the end of the game, handicapped and not able to walk for a while.

Whilst at the court, I was watching the time as I had a meeting to go for at the office and a class to attend at Securities Commission. Life has never been about being at 3 place at once!!

A major fall, an injury, swollen spine and a busted right leg. 

All so worth it for the trophy to bring back to the office :))))

No comments: