Saturday 11 October 2014

aliaaiman - Hammy's Emcee the P Ramlee

A couple of weeks back, Tony woke me up on one of the mornings to insist that I quickly get a ticket for P Ramlee the Musical (coz he's acting as P Ramlee of course!) and I never thought that tickets were gonna get sold out so quickly.

Gosh, it got sold out like hot croissants in Paris! This is one Superstar who carried P Ramlee's character like a pro, you were so amazing Tony! Thinking back, I was so so privileged to have had the opportunity to work with  him when we performed for Dreamgirls the Musical back in 2011. There is something very unique about him that this humble superstar, and that is he never fails to give away this genuine happy vibe every single time I see him. And seeing me every single time was like every hour every single day for 4 months during those show time days, bless him.

I rarely see him, but when we do meet it's like we've just seen each other yesterday. He used to think I was forever-happy for some weird reason and could never understand why I had big smiles all the time during rehearsals that he nicknamed me....Hammy.

Today, every time I see him, he'd shout " Hammy!!" with the biggest smile, often hugging you so tight whilst lifting you up in the air and with the happiest energy and I so love him for that - It magically makes me feel special in some ways. You did many of us proud with your passion and skills in performing arts Tony and I hope our people would open up their hearts of heart to appreciate this in Malaysia. I've gone through the performing arts days and I can tell you, our people are not as cultured (in performing arts) as you think they are. P Ramlee was a fraction of how much Malaysians never took performing artists seriously until they are gone.

Well for now, I have to say if you've not watched P Ramlee the Musical, they've extended their show for another day due to the crazy demand so make sure to check out for it! Believe me, it's so worth it. I love musicals and theatres in general, but watching your friends perform up there makes it even more special to watch.

Well done dude, Hammy's so proud of you! This is also the guy I've asked to become the emcee at my wedding reception. 
Additionally, the cast for the restate of P Ramlee were just beyond amazing and I have never felt more proud than I did today to see so many of my friends up on stage! Ruzanna, Iedil and Ben :) And oh, have you guys heard of Nadia Aqilah? She played Saloma and MasyaAllah! She was such a star!! She played the character so so amazingly well :)))
This up and rising Superstar, a big favourite in my family for we go a long way back to those Uni days when he used to be the one making sure I was never homesick and would on some days come over to my place with Pizzas after classes. You're truly a gem Iedil, love you like big big time! :)
So much love with my theatre-loving girls :)

No comments: