Sunday 19 October 2014

Gulabakery

Sometime back, Aiman showed me some fancy cakes on an Instagram account under the name @gulabakery. So I started following it and every time Gulabakery posts up a photo, it's always so mouth-watering. 

As you all know, Aiman's love for coffee is quite cray. So being the good fiancé that I am, I'm always up to accompanying him cafe hopping but I'll end up either having tea or most of the time I'll end up ordering cakes and desserts. So when Gulabakery started conducting baking classes for public, Aiman decided that we should give it a go.

...and that was exactly what we did! I have to say, Nani (our host and our teacher) was just so so so amazing! The energy she has to constantly bake everyday and conducting classes every weekend and on top of that attend her Uni classes every other day is just impressive!

When we first arrived at Nani's house we thought "homaigoddddd. Her house smells so heavenly!! Like a chocolate heaven", coz some brownies were fresh from the oven and were there for us to just gobble em for breakfast. You have nooooo idea how yummy it is, it feels like dropping on a soft couch right after a long day's work. Yeah, that great! So moist. So chocolatey. So so so yummy!

Throughout the 6 hours, we baked 4 cakes, 7 batches of brownies, learned to make chocolate ganache, swiss meringue buttercream and butterscotch topping. I thoroughly had a great time learning from Nani. Man! If I don't wanna do banking in the future....perhaps baking could be a good alternative. 
Our final product - the Devil's chocolate cake. 

Well, I've half a massive-cake and a whole batch of brownies left. Gonna fatten my family and colleagues up!

Here in this video I was caught....well making sure the taste is just right for the cake. 
Nani is fourth from the left

Loved that Aiman and I went for something adventurous like this together. Looks like our birthday cakes in the future are quite sorted, right sayang?

No comments: