Saturday 28 February 2015

Khao Lakkkkk

So Aiman decided to take me away from work and fly me to Phuket for the loong weekend last weekend.

Sorry, no. Not Phuket. 

Khao Lak. 

MasyaAllah, it was too pretty there that I couldn't stop snapping photos of everything I set my eyes on. Even the fishes in their pond looked pretty! Unfortunately, the phone camera can never quite capture what we see right before our eyes. So I thought why bother, it's probably a sign for me to put my phone away and have some husband and wife time.

....FULL BAR WIFI at the beach?! Seriously?!

Aiman who?
hahahaha! Thank god I married someone who understands my crazy need to always have access to my phone. Once we went for Kim's wedding at Janda Baik, we were supposed to stay over. But we eneded up driving back down to KL that night itself after the reception because there was no network up there in Janda Baik! I know it's supposed to be romantic and all but...but...

Aiman knows I'm that psycho who needs to have access to my family 24 hours - even if I don't talk to them every minute, I know there is connection and I can call/whatsapp them anytime. Before boarding a flight, I'll be whatsapping with the family group chat till that very minute when they tell us to shut off our phone. With Aiman, every week when he's about to fly back to Johor for work I'll be on whatsapp with him till he flies off (well, not that he replies till the very last minute la) :P

Back to Khao Lak, we decided to stay at JW Marriot and my goodnees when we arrived we surely were treated like kings and queens. We got to the airport and the Marriot taxi was already waiting for us to take us to the hotel and on the way to the hotel the driver received a call from the receptionist who called to actually check if Aiman and I are doing ok. Service tip top! Mind you we have not even paid for the hotel.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were attended to from the checking in all the way till the room. The hotel was a PARADISE! I went ooh and ahh whilst the receptionist patiently explained to us that Marriot has the longest pool in South East Asia. So imagine, everything in the mega huge gorgeous beautiful perfect hotel is connected through the pool, no gate no doors whatsoever! How awesome is that?! It's like a gateless community but in the hotel. #jakun. Got to the room and the first thing we were shown was our room access straight into the pool - the drinks bar and jacuzzi was just a few backstrokes away. Spoiled much? *haihhhhhhh*
Each room came with a float and of course my dearest husband was kind enough to blow it up for me. We decided that the first thing we should do was to swim around the entire hotel. It has this unique thing about it where you basically get to see people swimming around at all times but at the same time you don't feel like it's crowded but instead you still get that personal-space-private feeling to it.
The beach area I was told was rebuilt post tsunami and MasyaAllah, everything about the beach was just so so so perfect. Yup, we could swim our way from the room to the beach area :P The beach was clean and just nice, not too crowded and well designed with the palm trees and comfortable beach chairs for us to just get some sun tan. Not to mention, there was also a restaurant by the beach that sells ice cream and shakes and pizza and salmon wraps and cold fruits and....full bar wifi.
All in all, I would so recommend this place for honeymooners! We literally did not leave the hotel. Well, there was no need for it though. Definitely going back there! :))

No comments: