Thursday 25 October 2007

UKEC revisited


UNITED KINGDOM & EIRE COUNCIL for Malaysian Students



Today...My inner self got the better of me I guess...



It was a lovely walk across hyde park earlier in the morning. The cool breeze and the friendly community. The hyper puppies and the happy babies, all running around with nothing to worry about. It was all nice and pretty, topped with a beautiful background of the greeens :)







Then, the rest of the day...Firdaus is here! YES, WAN MOHD FIRDAUS. I helped Firdaus sort out UKEC stuffs prior to the AGM. Malaysia hall was like my second home whenever Firdaus is around. Anyway, we arranged everything in the room to a systematic-way of arrangement and I was given an extra task of settling all the photo albums and paper documents of all ukec events.

This was when...Going through the pictures...paper works...documents...letters and replies and having Firdaus' company brought me back to the old times when we were busy organizing all these events. Nostalgic. I'm going to miss UKEC.... Period
AGM is this weekend. Alia and I have the MSLS report to present and votings to do. Who do I vote? Who do I want in the next committee? Can I not attend the AGM...It's just too much for me to go through I think....My inner self thinks so.



Anyway, all the past experiences I went through came running in my mind all over again when I was sorting all the things in the UKEC office. The hard times we went through, the times when I was hurt, the good and happy times, everything! I love the committee and I wished it was the first day when I joined UKEC all over again! The day we discussed about Projek Amanat Negara, and how Firdaus described me as the 18 year old who's doing a few degrees...heh? (Well, it is Firdaus man. He ends up describing everything and everyone in the simplest way! ) hahaha...And in the end Tock came up with a name for me which was "Baby of the UKEC".





The whole helping Zarif out for career's fair as a start, to mind boggling Projek Amanat Negara, and at last we were able to bring ourselves together, going through the most difficult obstacles and organized the FIRST Malaysian Student Leaders Summit in Malaysia.
How I started getting involve...it's history. Too long to be writing bout it, but I must say it was funnily a coincidentally kinda thing, and I cherish every single experience I got from working with the UKEC. I sayaaaaaang UKEC and it's current committee :D



Well, after this, honestly, I guess it's time for me to slow down. As much as I wanna be involve and gain more experiences...I'm in 2nd year, and I know at times, UKEC involves loads of time and probably ....just maybe, I have gotten too attached with the current committee. I have gotten Hana's consent to be a nerd, kan Hana. hahahaha...EEEE!



After this, I'm going to miss the orders and pressure and stress I get from Mr President, his rush here and there attitude and his weird character that pops up at odd times, all the ups and downs and also the hyper lil Firdaus in him, that comes out when he's tooooo engross in his work! I will miss you very much Firdaus! The one president which I personally think is one of a kind :D Thanks for getting me involved and giving me the opportunities which I think I would never have gotten if I did not get involved.



You've given me something really valuable, couldn't ask for anything better!



And then, the rest, Iedil, Lopes, Tock, Kak Ain, Zarif.... and also, Faezah and LIana (but I'm always at your house, so no difference! hehe...) *sigh*





Oh well...Some things are meant for you to go through it and gain experience, not to get too attached to em.
And Alia S, thanks for being such a dear on the way back! Sayang ness you roomate! :)



and so...I had a GREAT TODAY. Nostalgic :D
Good luck to all the candidates who are running!! May the best candidate, by merits, win :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so far the best post I've read from you. Well expressed Alia! I feeeeeel you. Eventhough I don't put any layan songs on.

It was good to reminisce the old times kan? As long as we keep in touch with the rest of them committees, the memories will stay. The knowledge and experience we gain will last. And this post will be here for me to remember exactly how I felt on the way back tadi. So nostalgic! =)

We'll vote for what we think is best for the successor of ukec alright hun? Remember that.

Firdaus if you ever read this, thank you ever so much! =)

Now shall we start on our report soon? :P

PHOBELINA said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..
*HUG*
*give cookie*