Wednesday 16 January 2008

So Close

At the moment I feel like there's just too many in my hands. Walking back from the lab at 11 pm last night...I thought to myself, second year is tough. Truly, I feel so :(

Doing work in the lab, and looking out towards Carnary Wharf seeing all those aeroplanes fly by, I wished I was on two ; one back to Malaysia and another to Melbourne. How I wish...

Just before I left for the lab, Pho messaged me, and from then on I knew I wasn't the only one on the boat and trust me, I know deep down she understands my situation though she says she doesn't :) I know you truly do sweetie, and then there was Kres who made me smile. The same ol Kres, my star who can come up with just the right advice and at the same time the silly jokes that makes me laugh. ( and btw, no Kres, I am not going for the next ASEAN student leaders discussion though I know you are organizing it :) Go Indonesia! )

Surrounded by silence in the lab and trying to understand statistics, it gave me time to think about the decision I have made. To take up all these modules I am doing right now. Then walking home when around me was already dark and all I needed was my family or even a best friend's hug.

And just as I was bout to head to bed...Shura nudged me to ask if I was ok! Oh yeah :) Truly, a friend in need is a friend indeed, the best friend seems to know my every moves :D Never ever has she failed to cheer me up when it's the worse day for me, and she comes in at just the right time, ALWAYS. You're truly the best best friend I could ever ask for hun.The one who can come up with just the right words to make me feel better, and at that very moment, how I wished she was here with me. So, an hour passes by, and I was already feeling better and was smiling :) She makes me miss her tooo much everyday. Our everyday London- Melbourne call is the best time of the day!
We managed to get our London-Melbourne-Birmingham conversation for a quick 15 minutes after that, before Shu left for school and I headed to bed whilst Pho went to wash up :)
and then came the message from mum that just made me smileee :) How with just words people close to you can make you smile, though they're far away.
You’re in my arms
And all the world is calm...
...
How could I face the faceless days
If I should lose you now?
We’re so close
To reaching that famous happy end
And almost believing this was not pretend
Let’s go on dreaming for we know we are
So close
So close
And still so far
I see Shura everyday, I speak to Mum every other day, Pho is in UK, and Kres is in London....They're so close, but stilll...so far.

3 comments:

PHOBELINA said...

:)

so glad you're there for me too. only God knows how i'd survive my uni days if you weren't there for me to whine to. :)

i'm counting the hours hun.. can't wait to see you and give you a big bear hug. miss you loads.

see you TOMORROW! xxx

Hanafedora said...

hun...i love this song... i wanna take it from u plishhh...

Aiman Ariffin said...

eh be strong sis =)

ur friend will be there to help u. No worries