Sunday 24 May 2009

7 days and 6 nights

It has come and gone in a glimpse. A wonderful period of time, especially when all you need during an exam period is familiarity-love.


So Aizat and Ili arrived for a stop-over in London after his competition in Bulgaria, and wasn't I glad that they made it here, AT LAST! After anticipating since many months back when abang used to be with General Electrics Italy. We did a countdown starting the day after I left Malaysia on the 11th of April :P Excited ber-iya. Like as if mase easter hari tu tak cukup. haha!

What we did during those 7 days and 6 nights was just about EVERYTHING! I don't think I can finish typing all of em down if I were to list it here anyway, so I won't even start. It was an amazing that-one-week-whilst-AizatIli-were-here-I-had-the-MOST-exam-papers week. There you go...what a mouthful.

The greatest most significant thing was when I created a HISTORY. A history of GOING OUT DURING AN EXAM MONTH like as if I had none. *faints* 
I might have accidentally thought I'm Albert Einstein kan?
The day they arrived, I was filled with many questions and guilts before going to meet the both of them who arrived in Gatwick from Varna coz I have a paper the next day. Ok, actually, Mama, daddy and abang were more worried than I was. HAHA! Talk about being overprotective. They're just amazing aren't they? Constantly worrying bout me. And wasn't I glad and thankful I did go, coz I was in love with my public economics paper the next day. It went well, Alhamdulillah. So I got both! I had fun the night before with good food and great company, and I had an ok paper to the next day :) An excellent deal

So I decided to fulfil abang's wish and also on the way get some Hummingbird cupcakes for the Adlis and Amdans. It's Ili's favourite after all. The night before, Yan gave me her address ( Ili's best friend of 11 years whom Ili and Aizat stayed over with in London. Including me! haha! and to think that that was my first time meeting Yan ok! ). And in no time, it was just me, with the Adlis ( Yan, Adli, Lil Haris and Babu), the Amdans and many catching ups and Ikan bakar special Yan and Jason Adli and Aizat Mraz jamming their lungs out. The warmth and familiarity...Motivated me :) I'm weird that way, I know. We stayed up till bout 2 am, and GOSH! Did Adli and I forget that we have exams tomorrow?! GILER AH! It's worse for Dr Adli who has 2 papers the next day. I only had one and there I was thinking, I will kill myself if I cannot do my paper tomorrow whilst Adli was calmly playing WOW. haha...Boys were born smart weren't they? It says it all in Adli, or he wouldn't have been the Doctor at St Mary's that he is today, would he.

The wonderful two 

and finally, I have someone who has something in common with me. Someone from Queen Mary who is NOT DOING MEDICINE OR DENTISTRY. Nik Izyan Mahmood. Yan's amazing indeed! Full of warmth and love, she made me feel like I've known her for long eventhough that was my first time stepping foot into flat 8, at Oxford street ( Danger Zone betul! ) and being introduced to her and the little bundle of love, Ak Nik Haris Adli. Their 2 month old gem. They're such an awhhh-some two, Yan and Adli. Btw, I stayed at Yan's house for the whole 7 days and also another day after Ili left back for home.
Imagine, I came at 7.30, and by 10, we were comfortably lazing on the couch looking at her wedding albums, high school days pictures whilst the boys sang and played many many songs, and catching up like old friends. That's how welcoming their family is.  Thooothweeet please :)

So i went to bed, feeling like I was back at home in Malaysia, but this time, I felt like I was sleeping over at Ili's instead of just the usual visit to her house with abang to play Wii or watch movies and 'makan atas bukit' with her and Cuki, Alif and Aizat or even play with anak anak Iris, with a smile and instead of falling asleep, we ended up talking about graduate jobs and opportunities. not until an hour later that we decided to take the day off and get some rest.

So for 7 days, 6 nights,
- I wake up and shower
- See Yan, Adli and Lil Haris before I leave for Uni
- Pulls myself away from getting sidetracked by the street that I have to take in order to catch the train to Uni, that had many distraction. Oxford street.
- Library was my destination
- Getting random motivational messages from Ili and Yan before an exam ( coz they know I'm weird that way. hehe... )
- Come back home to Yan's and either we'll be cafe hunting. Laduree visiting, shopping-street-walks, games night in, or just being plain happy being in their company.
- Play and spoil the cutest baby boy Ak Nik Haris, yang so comellll and handsome, so geram.

...and to be truthfully honest,'distractions' like these, further motivated me to study everyday and turned out, my papers went ok, Alhamdulillah :) I know it's weird. Yan, Ili and Adli thought so too :P

p/s : A day before Ili's flight back home, Yan, Ili and I were sitting in Laduree having tea, and I think it must have been the macarons. Coz Yan and I got pretty excited bout realizing Ili's wishes not wanting to go back, we EXTENDED HER TICKET! :P hehe... Giving her more chores to tell Aunty Fina and abang bout her stay, more motivation for me and more according-to-mama-"Your happiness is Abang's misery" moments.

The history I created for myself was indeed a fruitful beneficial one, thanks to them
Ili, Yan, Adli, Aizat, Lil Haris and Babu :)

3 comments:

juai said...

awwwwww...thothweeeet!!! was with your abg last nite and we watched "the" video...u know the one we watched ramai2 masa kat london...and he was like "eeeeee" and made weird faces...huhuh!! the exact same reaction i had when i first watched it! :p

Alia Ishak said...

HAHAHA! Has he not seen it before? I think everyone gave the same reaction :P It's ok, we'll be superman and ultraman and whatever superheroes yg lagi cun lagi when the time comes, k k k?

and we'll get Adli and Aizat to sing for the video and...make our own lyrics...Foooh. I can foresee and VERY AWHHH-SOME video coming right up!

Btw, just now I was skyping with "Ili Amdan"...But it turned out to be ALIF AMDAN instead. haha! Terkejut I! kelakar giler. Have fun in JB with the trains :P

PHOBELINA said...

eeeeee BABY HARIS! x