Monday 25 May 2009

Quack-ing around London town

Dinner on Friday night was the BOMB! Adli treated us to a massive duck rice dinner. Yum yum! Clearly, because that seemed like the first halal duck rice shop in London, so we got a wee bit excited! So, don't even start asking what we ordered. I think we ordered at least one thing on every page of the menu? haha! Gluttons we are, I know. After our orders came, this elderly lady next to us told her husband ( in english! Yes we understand ) that "Maybe it's normal in their generation eat THIS much". But oh well, it was like our first one, so it's excusable :P The aromatic roasted duck was to die for.  Ve-li se-dappp worrrr!

I think we hogged the restaurant for quite long, even after some has come and gone, we were still eating. Typical Malaysians kan kami kami ni. Sungguh! hehe :) and to think that this all started with Yan offering to cook a hearty chicken rice meal after my paper on Friday. So sweet of her. I agreed of course! :) After all, I just finished 2 papers in a row, it's friday and I was looking forward to playing with Haris and walk down the 7-days-6-nights memory lane with Yan too! In the end, the discovery of the halal duck rice shop tempted us instead.

Last Thursday I had one of the toughest Geometry paper just because. Well logically because time was against all of us, since previously out of 7 questions, students are to choose 4 to answer, whilst we had it worse this year. We had to answer ALL SEVEN OF THEM! How cruel...Well sometimes lecturers need to be cruel to be kind. hehe...If we need to answer all means we cannot spot questions, so we will come out more knowledgeable just because we HAD to study the extras, agree? haha :)

But a good friday more than made up for the stressful Thursday
, because the Algebra paper on Friday morning, the one I was most scared of in this final year, turned out to be one of the best, I felt, InsyaAllah. What more, after a good paper, Yan invited me over and I went to Yan's to play with Haris and catch up with Yan and then Pial came over (Stress over exams too like me, and Yan was our point of destress at that time) and off we went for some duck rice, the 4 of us, and two of Pial's friend's sisters, and good catch ups over dinner. From baby talks to working life, the upcoming summer hols and even "a website for bidding"! (Siape punye idea ni?) haha! and I'm going to spend much more time with Haris soon, yay! :) Babysitting Haris should be very nice coz he's just so adorable and sociable! Geram!! So whilst daddy go to work, and mummy has some work to do, I will play with Haris with the hope that he won't vomit on me. hehe


We just felt like we could quack after that... A good friday and a massive dinner! Thank you Adli. Happy thoughts and ending to the week it was :) I've got one more week of Uni and exams left now, time to power through, after having gone through 4 weeks, I can go through this last one! Next destination you'd see me in would be the pretty canal by the college, swimming and celebrating the end of Uni. ( A senior's idea of celebrating, seriously *hint hint* ). 
Mama pulak said to make it easier, "Next week suruh Yan message you". LOL!  I'm such an easy target to motivate. Haih...She does know me best :) Mothers do. Always.

3 comments:

The Z A M said...

I shall try at least a plate of duck's rice here in aussie then... =)

MarsyParsy said...

ya ya ya!! jeff just told me just now! i'm sooooo going over to bayswater to get me some duck! WOOTS! and yameen said you've blogged about it! so i punyer la check both alia's bloggs :D

WOOT! WOOT!

Alia Ishak said...

Memang dappppp :)) Suruh Jeff belanja you, since he is graduating soon. haha! But yeah, it's nice Mars, go give it a try. Keep your tummy empty before you go btw k. It's worth it!
Whoopdeedoo!